Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Getting the exhaust and upmap installed soon enough. I am glad I went with the termi system. The ZARDs is nice but that's all about it. I think it's overpriced and sound comparison the termi's hands down is a better system. That's just my opinion. I got my Termis for about $2000USD with the upmap key from my dealer. Also having to get an rapid bike evo adds more to the price and having to get installed. If your bike is under warranty the termis are covered if it does fail. With the ceramic coating I loved how it turned out!! Exhaust ain't cheap for our bikes but it's worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,064 Posts
So - DucaRicardo, is the ceramic coating a cosmetic enhancement of are there other advantages to this? And - did you do it yourself?
It's cosmetic, I wanted to set my termi's apart and be different. Here is a note from the intranet, so hopefully the heat between my legs would be reduced, lol. I got a local shop to coat the piping and the termi's. I've seen online you can do yourself but I left it for the pros to do

Ceramic coating is a thermal barrier coating (TBC). The layered system is applied to metallic surfaces, such as gas turbine or engine parts operating at elevated temperatures. TBCs are primarily used to insulate metallic components from large and prolonged heat loads. These coatings are produced with thermally insulating materials which can sustain an appreciable temperature difference between the load bearing alloys and the coating surface.

Thermal barrier coatings serve two main functions:
Lower the operating temperature of the structural metal and extend the life of components by reducing oxidation and thermal fatigue.
Allow engines to run at higher temperatures, which improves efficiency.

· Registered
5 Posts
Nice to see my video with Zard here in the thread.

I have the zard and comparing with termi is more high sound. Termi is a more deep one.

Honestly, I had bought zard due to the way it looks and EURO homologation, as I leave in EU and this is pretty complicated here to travel with no homologation.

Termi does not have it.

I like to travel on the bike a lot.

If someone has any questions about zard, you are welcome to ask:)

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,795 Posts
Reactions: Steamboat

· Registered
219 Posts
I hear a lot of good stuff regarding the Zard. Not quiet as loud as Termi. The Zard also retains the beautiful burble, bangs and farts just like the standard system after you back of the throttle, just a bid louder than standard without being annoying
I can absolutely confirm this is true! wonderful sound when you decel...for me, I just can't get behind an exhaust on this bike that exits out both sides. I'm so used to the look of the single-sided exhaust.

Reactions: levy1

· Registered
1,064 Posts
I would agree, the Termi's are different. Which makes them unique for their design, nothing like them out there in the motorcycle segment. The Zards are nice too, to be honest. They where my first pick. It's just unfortunate these are the big two for our bikes, and expensive too

· Registered
1,064 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
hello, sorry for a thread revive. im looking at getting the Zard euro 4 spec for my xdiavel 2016. has anyone here run one long term and more importantly.. no had an evo bike or power commander fitted? is it the Euro 4 spec safe to run with no map???

· Registered
124 Posts
hello, sorry for a thread revive. im looking at getting the Zard euro 4 spec for my xdiavel 2016. has anyone here run one long term and more importantly.. no had an evo bike or power commander fitted? is it the Euro 4 spec safe to run with no map???
I ran a Zard for a couple of years on my 2019 XD. No tune, bike ran fine but for me the exhaust was a bit to loud even with DB killers in..I removed it when I sold the bike, and a chap from the USA bought it.

Got a new 22 XD now and I’ll be leaving the exhaust stock. They’re clamping down on noise around here, my mate was done a few weeks back on his Speed Triple. I don’t need the hassle.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts