Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi! I’m a long time lurker and spends a lot of time reading but never posted anything yet. I will make an intro thread later on.

Looks like I am running into the same issue here. However I have a 2022 as I understand it’s a euro 5 spec but looking at my exhaust layout I think I have the euro 4 spring sleeve setup. My Zard pipe is clamp style. If anyone can let me know if it will still fit that would be awesome before I start tearing my bike apart.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That 's a really good question that I don't have an answer. I would imagine that you would need to purchase the Euro4 version since in the US they don't have the Euro5 standard implemented. Ducati says that Euro5 is only for Europe and the rest of world uses the previous standard based on the small print info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That 's a really good question that I don't have an answer. I would imagine that you would need to purchase the Euro4 version since in the US they don't have the Euro5 standard implemented. Ducati says that Euro5 is only for Europe and the rest of world uses the previous standard based on the small print info.
That’s really a bummer because I bought the Zard Euro 5 version which is a clamp design. I think I am going to go down the rabbit hole to see what it takes to make it fit. My only concern is whether the pipes would actually slips into the header pipe or not. If it does I can improvise and use other types of sleeve or band clamps to seal it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool 😎 Do you have more pictures? Did you keep the silencer on or removed it? I have an appointment to install the Euro5 version but that has a muffler in the pipe section and has a smaller silencer.
View attachment 112245 View attachment 112246
Oh wow! Your system is different than mine. Yours should sound very civilized though, mine is a bit too loud and it’s making me having 2nd thoughts about it because it’s literally shaking my house during cold starts and my baffles are still in. I have a short video except I can’t post it here.

That’s the only picture I have so far, will take some more once I’m able to take it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks really nice. Congrats! Excited to get it installed on my motorcycle. I really like the silencers that come with your bike. I had Zard send them to me so I could change them out. Not a fan of the Euro5 silencers. I'm sure the sound will be different too as you have race pipes installed compared to the one with a muffler attached.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks really nice. Congrats! Excited to get it installed on my motorcycle. I really like the silencers that come with your bike. I had Zard send them to me so I could change them out. Not a fan of the Euro5 silencers. I'm sure the sound will be different too as you have race pipes installed compared to the one with a muffler attached.
Im finding it to be too loud for me. It’s so loud that it took away the joy of riding my bike because there’s just so much attention.

Can you pls show me how does your baffles look like?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cool 😎 Do you have more pictures? Did you keep the silencer on or removed it? I have an appointment to install the Euro5 version but that has a muffler in the pipe section and has a smaller silencer.
View attachment 112245 View attachment 112246
I put it in the post quoted above.

If you look at the exhaust, the holes are much smaller plus you have the muffler that is part of the pipe.

I'm curious about the sound. We'll see after it's installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put it in the post quoted above.

If you look at the exhaust, the holes are much smaller plus you have the muffler that is part of the pipe.

I'm curious about the sound. We'll see after it's installed.
Oh yeah, Nevermind!

I emailed Zard to see if they can send me the same baffle as yours. Not sure if it can help lower the DB levels or not but it’s worth a try

21 - 31 of 31 Posts