Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting my factory pipe off I began to install the zard. The problem being the pipe on the 2019 is different from the 2020. The connector pipe slips into the existing pipe where the directions show it slipping over. No place for spring connection only designed for clamps. I went and got a larger clamp that didn't work. Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,739 Posts
Do you have some pictures showing the issues?

·
Registered
353 Posts
How about getting connector pipes of MY2019?
But just an idea. Because not sure dimension meets.

As long as looking spare parts catalogue of MY2019 to MY2022 for US model, connector pipes are same slip design.
Photograph White Black World Map

But connector pipes of your bike are clamp design?
In case of Japan and EU models, MY2019 and MY2020 are slip design, but MY2021 and MY2022 are clamp design.
Photograph White Product Map Black

It would be possible your bike is EU MY2021 model?
Or spare parts catalogues are misinforming?
Otherwise Ducati worker misassembled wrong parts?
If Ducati's mistake caused your issue, you may be able to request correct connector pipe?

Watched Zard product site.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Wheel

Zard seem to be informing their product is common among MY2019 to MY2021.
I guess Zard product meets only slip design.
It’s doubtful Zard can supply product which actually meets clamp design.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about getting connector pipes of MY2019?
But just an idea. Because not sure dimension meets.

As long as looking spare parts catalogue of MY2019 to MY2022 for US model, connector pipes are same slip design. View attachment 112011
But connector pipes of your bike are clamp design?
In case of Japan and EU models, MY2019 and MY2020 are slip design, but MY2021 and MY2022 are clamp design. View attachment 112012
It would be possible your bike is EU MY2021 model?
Or spare parts catalogues are misinforming?
Otherwise Ducati worker misassembled wrong parts?
If Ducati's mistake caused your issue, you may be able to request correct connector pipe?

Watched Zard product site. View attachment 112013
Zard seem to be informing their product is common among MY2019 to MY2021.
I guess Zard product meets only slip design.
It’s doubtful Zard can supply product which actually meets clamp design.
The connection pipe to the actual silencer is a slip design. Looking at the my 2020 it uses springs. The connection pipe doesn't have a loop for the spring.

I will take photos tomorrow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please post pictures. That will help troubleshoot the issue.

I am trying to get the Zard exhaust for my 2022 Euro5 Ducati Diavel 1260 and each exhaust I receive keeps coming with defects and issues. I am at the end of the line with them and considering staying with the stock exhaust.

The exhaust tips (db killer / silencer) doesn't match the online photo and are cut at an angle and not perpendicular. Has anyone tried to drill out the silencers on the homologated model? I'm curious what the effect will be as the homologated model has a muffler section and the race has a straight pipe essentially.

@toddblume43 Any chance you can move this post to the correct forum since you talk about a 2020 model and you posted on the older Ducati model?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I am trying to get the Zard exhaust for my 2022 Euro5 Ducati Diavel 1260 and each exhaust I receive keeps coming with defects and issues. I am at the end of the line with them and considering staying with the stock exhaust.

The exhaust tips (db killer / silencer) doesn't match the online photo and are cut at an angle and not perpendicular. Has anyone tried to drill out the silencers on the homologated model? I'm curious what the effect will be as the homologated model has a muffler section and the race has a straight pipe essentially.

@toddblume43 Any chance you can move this post to the correct forum since you talk about a 2020 model and you posted on the older Ducati model?
Not sure how to move this to the correct forum.
I didn't notice it was in the wrong place. Sorry about that.

But I did figure out the answer. Its the difference between Euro 4 and Euro 5.

Automotive tire Wood Hood Floor Automotive exterior

If I can't get a replacement for the euro 5 I will have a Zard for sale.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Does it fits on the other cylinder/ vertical exhaust?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Now I see.
Zard have both slip connection model for Diavel Euro4 and clamp connection model for Diavel Euro5.
toddblume43's Zard pipe is clamp connection model for Diavel Euro5.
toddblume43's Diavel is Euro4 then slip connection.
Humm.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Okay?
Should not be a problem for the horizontal cylinder. One connection have right size an another not(?)
Could be a manufacturer failure?
@wrestrepo also have problems with his Zard exhaust

·
Registered
27 Posts
My issues have been with the workmanship of the exhaust. The first exhaust I received had a dent and scratch on the muffler and misalignment of the silencer tips. The exhaust still has misalignment of the silencer tips and now they are on vacation until August 22. So not to please with the process.

It’s a veryItalian company with their staff speaking not so much English. I did speak with someone that was able to give an explanation, but this was before receiving the second exhaust.

The other issue is that the silencer tips on the model I have an angle cut and have small pipes that don’t match the pictures on the website. It’s a bummer really as this exhaust experience has been less than stellar 🙃

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Euro 5 uses clamps.
Euro 4 uses Springs.
Yes, I've been noticed that.
But in fact you are able to fit the vertical pipe but not the horizontal pipe - I guess it's may be some manufacturers issue (?)
It's the difference size for the pipes or to short to connect it to each other?

For my 21' I've been used pre-factory pipes (spring) for my Euro 5 (clamp) . But needed other clamps due to different outer size.

I can't help you much out here. But may receive Euro5 version, when you should got the Euro 4 (?)

·
Registered
353 Posts
As Ghorgon63 referred, also I am wondering why vertical pipe fits while horizontal pipe does not fit.

If only Zard horizontal pipe is too long and its diameter is correct, shortening the pipe would be one of solutions. But just idea.
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Diagram

I hope Zard sell only Euro4 connection pipe with affordable price....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I've been noticed that.
But in fact you are able to fit the vertical pipe but not the horizontal pipe - I guess it's may be some manufacturers issue (?)
It's the difference size for the pipes or to short to connect it to each other?

For my 21' I've been used pre-factory pipes (spring) for my Euro 5 (clamp) . But needed other clamps due to different outer size.

I can't help you much out here. But may receive Euro5 version, when you should got the Euro 4 (?)
No. They both fit.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
I may understand the problem now.
A clamp around the sleeve not working...

Haven't run into this problem so can't help you much...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Zard site doesn't describe ’Euro5 homologated’ means 'clamp use'.
’Euro5 homologated’ could mislead customers who prefer better emission even they own Diavel Euro4 version.
They may select ’Euro5 homologated’ because they don't know correct difference of connection type between ’Euro5 homologated’ and no ’Euro5 homologated’.
You may be able to complaint Zard and request supplying connect pipe of Euro4 version.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had many conversations with Zard and they seem to lack a lot of organization and clarity in their descriptions for all things from website to YouTube videos. I still haven't heard from them on the quality issues from my order. I do believe that they specify the model years that work with the Euro4 as well as the Euro5. Good luck going through their customer service process.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts