Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The twisted XDiavel S rear wheel is a unique design, more so than the straight-spoked version found on the 'non S' bike. The S wheel is nice....but it doesn't blend well with the Dark XD. In case anyone's curious, here's what the S wheel looks like when color-matched to the gray/grigio trellis frame -- like it should.

Before going for powder coating, all the raised alphanumeric characters were ground off the perimeter of wheel, except the directional arrow.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire

Attachments

· Registered
397 Posts
Looks very good, do you have a paint code for paint used? as my 2016 standard model has very thin paint and needs touching up or re-paint.
Ducati mineral grey code MN is all can find but can't seem to get paint or touch up pens like can usually.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any powder coating shop will have sample 'chips' in a book or hanging on the wall, and the gray used on the Ducati trellis frame is quite common; the color I used was a standard/normally in stock. I don't have a color code, but I can tell you with confidence that it will be easy to match at a powder coating shop. For little paint touchup bottles and pens, you should be able to easily find a close match at any chain auto parts store.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks very good, do you have a paint code for paint used? as my 2016 standard model has very thin paint and needs touching up or re-paint.
Ducati mineral grey code MN is all can find but can't seem to get paint or touch up pens like can usually.
That is the correct color code. You won’t find that in a Powdercoat shop to match the trellis frame. Like what the OP said, they have samples and you can try to match as best as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
397 Posts
Thanks, I think if keep bike for much more many years it would be better to have wheels off and painted/powder coated, would probably go a different colour then maybe.
Its very thin in places now and poor paint compared to previous Ducati's and other brands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts