Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I just sw this today. FYI I already have the soft copy service manual. I'm looking for either an OEM hard copy parts book for the 2016 XDS or a soft copy of the same. I don't know if it's true or not but I was told it's difficult or impossible to get the hard copy and Ducati sends digital versions only to their dealers.

·
Registered
395 Posts
In this day and age why would they send hard copies? Im sure parts lists are on Ducati site to. I will be printing off relevant sections from service manual when I work in bike when out of warranty to save ipad etc getting oily.

·
Registered
910 Posts
In this day and age why would they send hard copies? Im sure parts lists are on Ducati site to. I will be printing off relevant sections from service manual when I work in bike when out of warranty to save ipad etc getting oily.
With you on that Lee!
I can't warrant £70 per hour for someone to check my lights,tyre pressures and fluid levels etc etc. I know someone will chip in and say that they do a lott more. Like what?
I change mybown belts and shims and in the future someonw will release software to read any fault codes etc

·
Registered
609 Posts
G'day..... I'm with you on all points. I've always had Harleys. I still have 2. Once H-D started changing to using more electronics and ECU controlled functions I was hesitant but I found an aftermarket code reader that I could plug into the H-D ECU and tell me what was going on. It could also clear codes. My XDiavel S is now showing the ANNUAL notification light. I don't need to pay someone $125-$150 per hour to check my brake and clutch fluids and tire air pressures. I need to clear this ANNUAL notification. Some guys are saying the Ducati dealer reams you just to plug in and clear this notification, I hear maybe as much as a few hundred $$$. I think I'm just going to leave the ANNUAL light as it is if that's true. I'd sure like to be able to find a similar tool like I did for my H-D's so I could read and clear these codes and warning lights myself. If anyone can point me in the right direction please do.
Dan (ozzie21)

·
Registered
910 Posts
I keep changing the date in the menu so hopefully come next year, the bike wont know that the yearly service is due because the dates wont coincide. At least that is what I am hoping. Can you change the date to a time and date before the annual service was due and see if it turns off?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just sw this today. FYI I already have the soft copy service manual. I'm looking for either an OEM hard copy parts book for the 2016 XDS or a soft copy of the same. I don't know if it's true or not but I was told it's difficult or impossible to get the hard copy and Ducati sends digital versions only to their dealers.
Ducati Omaha is the best place that I know of for looking up part numbers:

https://www.ducatiom...ucati-oem-parts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I keep changing the date in the menu so hopefully come next year, the bike wont know that the yearly service is due because the dates wont coincide. At least that is what I am hoping. Can you change the date to a time and date before the annual service was due and see if it turns off?
Now that I have reached and passed the date set for the annual service I can't clear it myself. From what I've been told it can only be cleared now by the Ducati dealer plugging into the ECU and clearing the date.
I'm also told that if I knew about this before I could have gone into the settings and kept pushing back the dates so the notification would never show up. From what I've read, if you haven't yet reached the date set, you are also supposed to be able to go into the settings and clear the date completely so the ANNUAL notification will never show up.....only what I've been told and read so all unconfirmed.
On my late model H-D's I didn't even want ABS brakes because whenever you service your brakes and bleed the brakes the ABS warning light comes on and a code pop up. Now that I found the aftermarket tool I wouldn't be worried about that because I can reset the ABS warning light and clear codes myself.
Like I said in my other message I'd really like to find an aftermarket tool or an OEM Ducati tool that would let me read and clear these codes and notifications myself.
Anyone know of any such tool or have any suggestions...?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Now that I have reached and passed the date set for the annual service I can't clear it myself. From what I've been told it can only be cleared now by the Ducati dealer plugging into the ECU and clearing the date.
I'm also told that if I knew about this before I could have gone into the settings and kept pushing back the dates so the notification would never show up. From what I've read, if you haven't yet reached the date set, you are also supposed to be able to go into the settings and clear the date completely so the ANNUAL notification will never show up.....only what I've been told and read so all unconfirmed.
On my late model H-D's I didn't even want ABS brakes because whenever you service your brakes and bleed the brakes the ABS warning light comes on and a code pop up. Now that I found the aftermarket tool I wouldn't be worried about that because I can reset the ABS warning light and clear codes myself.
Like I said in my other message I'd really like to find an aftermarket tool or an OEM Ducati tool that would let me read and clear these codes and notifications myself.
Anyone know of any such tool or have any suggestions...?
Www.texa.com
This company will supply what you need. Wait till you see the price though!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts