Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been with Yamaha motorcycles for past 10 years and rode Yamaha RX series & R15(India), R6 and Stryker 1300. If you see my line-up here it was all about trying to find that balance. R6 actually killed my back because I was doing so much miles and that's when I found out I wanted a cruiser, that's when I met Stryker. That was one heck of a bike, always forgiving but lacked something which a sportbike gives. Then 2 years back I was looking up Diavel but never got convinced to buy one. Finally the XDiavel, test rode and now she is mine. Here is my take..

XDiavel is a beauty and if you are looking for a muscle-fun-modern-cruiser, this is it. Its a perfect mix of a super sport and a cruiser, a dream bike you can ride for hours!!! Seating, peg positions and other accessories to make that very long actually. Mileage is very impressive compared to its performance. I drive in Touring mode with 5k rpm mostly during my daily commute and some weekend rides and get around 43-45 mpg. The detailing on the design is breath-taking, each time you look at it you find something cute. Its that addictive lol. But not sure about the reliability because Ducati does not have big score as Yamaha on average do. Never felt anything wrong on mine yet. I am new to Ducati and here are something which I identified switching.

1) Starting an XDiavel- Make sure you press once the start button and hold till it starts. If you think its too long, try one more time.
2) False neutral - You hit this if you are new to Ducati apparently, have to be careful on that 5th and 6th. Make sure you do the 6th properly. Once you put that on head, your muscle memory does it, so don't worry about that.
3) Storage - What the hell right? Waiting for some after market, probably a luggage rack, dunno.
4) Cost - Even though its belt driven, I can see how much I will spend on those accessories, service and gas(only premium and tempting longer rides lol). There is a price for everything! And especially for that Termignoni exhaust lol
5) Size - They could have gone a little more bulky but that's fine, just putting out there.

Please do test ride if you never ride this. You will feel me then. Be safe!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just bought a 2013 diavel cromo. Love the bike. The new XDiavel is even more beautiful I kind of wish I waited and grabbed one of them instead.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diavel is an awesome bike bro! She was always tempting me but you know its personal preference, may be I was thinking too much. So much respect man! Wait for a year or two, Ducati may update the hell out of XDiavel and then you can have a Wider smile :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey folks
I have a 2012 carbon red and have had it for a year. Love it and the engine is just awesome. will test drive xdiavel on 08/24/2016. Well be back with an impression. ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts