Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Translogic does make good stuff for sure!

I've got (or had soon!) a Dynojet QS on my Monster 1200. Was sublime. And once you've had a QS on a bike, it is very hard to go back to clutching in.

I'd like to go with a QS on my XDiavel when I get it, but given that I took it for a 40 minute test drive and never went higher than second gear, I don't know if it's needed!!! I was cruising at 100 kph in 2nd without the engine over-revving. This machine is insane!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a RapidBike on my Monster 1200. It's transformed the bike. Literally, huge difference.

Had quite a few issues with CEL coming on all the time, but I finally ended up receiving a map that fixed it.

That and the Dynojet QS make my Monster one fun little bike
....but, let's try a cruiser for a bit!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Bit the bullet and ordered the HealTech unit out of curiosity. Since I hope to participate in a Polar Bear Ride to benefit Special Olympics this February, I also ordered some heated grips. Finally got my items in the mail today. Unfortunately, it's 35°F with 40mph wind gusts today so the install will have to wait...major bummer. Hopefully I'll get them all installed soon. I'm so excited! LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
YouTube video of HealTech unit on a Multistrada DVT. Pretty slick...can't wait to get some tinkering weather. I should have asked Santa for a heated garage!! LOL.

Code:
<br />
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B0eErIzH9i8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><br />

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well...couldn't wait so I got out in the rain and chill and installed the HealTech quick shifter module and sensor tonight. Some things of note...the quickshifter module plugs inline with the xDiavel's fuel injector harness at the connectors located at the front of the motorcycle's air box. The connector can be accessed from the left hand side of the motorcycle and is easily seen/reached once you move the black fabric taped wiring loom/harness out of the way. You can't mistake the connector that you want because Ducati has clearly labeled it INJ. Surprised me that there is no need to plug into the ingnition/spark plug coils. The quick shifter module is very small and epoxy sealed (solid state?) and I mounted the module where the exhaust servo motor used to be using the included velcro adhesive tape. Mounting the sensor is straightforward but the lack of work space can be frustrating. The slave cylinder prevents you from directly removing or installing the gear lever bolt that needs to be changed when installing the sensor since you cannot access the bolts from directly above. For me, the best way to remove the original bolt was by teasing the bolt out with an allen wrench. I would suggest removing the front belt drive pulley cover for a little more room to install the replacement bolt, spacer, and sensor using an open end wench. Otherwise it will be slow and tedious with small incremental 1/8 turns to the bolt. Believe me, I know from experience. Everything is small, unobtrusive, and elegant. I've only started the bike to make sure that the unit turns on and gives a green signal light to indicate that it is functional (per the instructions). I hope to actually test and set the parameters for the unit in the near future after work demands are met (got 3 straight 12 hour work days to get through). I haven't noticed any error or CEL warnings thus far.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yesterday was the first (and only) day with relatively decent weather (48 degrees F and rain late in the day)...lately it's been excessively cold and we had a couple inches of snow. Decided to ride the motorcycle to work...Boy O Boy what a difference. The HealTech unit shifts quickly and smoothly...you can also downshift!! You feel so spoiled that you wonder how in the world you ever did without it!

·
Registered
176 Posts
this is the first i have heard of Healtech. ive wanted a quicksifter for my Diavel for a while but couldn't quite come at the price for the translogic unit. at about $350 delivered for this i might give it a shot.

cheers

·
Registered
212 Posts
do any of these carry Ducati's support? I'm thinking about how they affect the warranties of the XD???
Quick shifters, downshift auto blippers, fuel/air mixture and ECU modulators (such as Power Commander and Tuneboy), and aftermarket full exhaust systems are all generally considered "race only" items and are usually not specifically approved for use on public roadways and thoroughfares. As such, none will carry Ducati dealer/manufacturer support...even though Ducati uses all of these technologies on their factory sponsored race bikes/teams.
I have never had any warranty claim problems (on the very few unlucky occasions that warranty work was needed) despite having made these and similar changes to motorcycles made by several different manufacturers. That having been said...the easiest way to make sure that any changes that you make to your bike don't void the warranty is to avoid making any changes at all during the time period that your warranty is in effect.
Ducati is a class leader with a standard 2 year warranty as apposed to 12 months like most other manufacturers. I don't have that kind of patience and I certainly don't have that kind of self control. LOL!

In any regards follow your happiness and let your conscious be your guide.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.