Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A White Carbon is NOT an AMG
2,421 Posts
try it and let us know, i don't recall anyone else doing it but anything is possible with enough effort and cash

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure if you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 but I know a lot of these type of conversions are done for aesthetic purposes but unless you only ride in the daytime function over form is always best IMO. I upgraded my Gen 1 headlight to hid for this very reason as even with a better halogen globe it still lacked the intensity I desired. However I feel the LED of the Gen 2 is a very good light and I'd want to make sure you didn't sacrifice any night time vision when doing this. I assume the Xdiavel is also a very good light if it can be adjusted to give you the proper angle for the road on the Diavel. I like the look of the Diavel in the pictures above but again function over form.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone tried this yet? I'm getting tired of the front end on my Gen1.
Are there any other options out there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Finished Gen 3 diavel 1260 headlight installed on gen 1 2012 diavel carbon and working.
Hi,
Finished Gen 3 diavel 1260 headlight installed on gen 1 2012 diavel carbon and working.
’m having someone doing the same installation to my 2015 Diavel. How did you mounted the headlight using custom bracket? I know is not plugged and play. Please advise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Posting here if any one else is looking to swap..

I used this Ducati 1260 headlight bracket part
8301D972ABRACKET UPPER STEERING HEAD
Cut it in the middle to make it into two brackets and installed them under the steering head.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi,
Posting here if any one else is looking to swap..

I used this Ducati 1260 headlight bracket part
Cut it in the middle to make it into two brackets and installed them under the steering head.
How did you wire it? Got any pics of that bracket set up? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Brass,

Mine is a 2012 Diavel carbon. It has two connectors for headlight. One connector is 2 pin and another one is 3 pin. Also there is no separate park and DRL / Led wire.
So this what I have done on mine.
(note : I am not responsible if anything goes wrong or damages your vehicle or harms you.)
Wiring diagram is attached to this notes below.
I connected one connector at a time and checked if that works correctly.
Do not connect all together in the first try.
In the diagram
1. 2021 Diavel pins are the ones behind the new headlight that you are installing.
2. 2012 pins are the ones in the two connectors already present on the motorcycle.
3. There is no straight plug and play, you have to make connectors of your own, which I did to connect the existing connector to the back of the new headlight.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plot

2021 new diavel 1260 headlight.
White Kitchen utensil Automotive tire Tableware Automotive design

Will post more pictures in a day or two of the brackets I used.
Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are more pics and more info.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I
used this Ducati 1260 headlight bracket part
Here are its pictures installed on the motorcycle.
1. Top of the headlight goes onto these two holders.
Front view
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Electrical wiring

Bicycle part Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

View from under the steering head.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Product Automotive design

2. For the headlight bottom two bolts, I used a 2 inch 2 hole plate that you can get from any hardware store.

Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Light Automotive tire Hood Headgear Bumper

3. I still need to paint these plates and properly cover the wires and connectors. But this set up worked for me and have done almost 300 miles on it with out any issues.

Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Here are more pics and more info.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I
used this Ducati 1260 headlight bracket part
Here are its pictures installed on the motorcycle.
1. Top of the headlight goes onto these two holders.
Front view
View attachment 111604

View attachment 111605

View from under the steering head.

View attachment 111606

2. For the headlight bottom two bolts, I used a 2 inch 2 hole plate that you can get from any hardware store.

View attachment 111607

View attachment 111609

3. I still need to paint these plates and properly cover the wires and connectors. But this set up worked for me and have done almost 300 miles on it with out any issues.

Hope this info helps.
Wow. Awesome details. Thanks so much. I gotta work up the nerve to try this. I’m colorblind and wiring is my weakness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts