Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to set Sag on Front Forks.
Turning Preload Adjuster all the way in (CW) or all way out (CCW) about 10-1/4 Turns seems to make almost no difference in Sag Numbers.

Full In (CW)
Fully Extended = 0 (Set Point)
M/C Weight Only = 28 mm
Rider Weight = 38 mm

5 Turns (CCW) from Full In (CW)
M/C Weight Only = 24 mm
Rider Weight = 34 mm

Full Out (CCW)
M/C Weight Only = 26 mm
Rider Weight = 36 mm

It does affect the ride height about 6mm.

Anyone else had this issue.

Thanks

· Aspiring to grace and serenity
6,633 Posts
Your numbers make no sense. Maybe they are mis-labeled?

In any case, Diavel forks suck (so does the rear shock), and I guess XDiavel forks also suck. The solution for Diavel front end is new forks (Ohlins $$$) or new internals (Andreani or another brand I cannot recall).

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has Anyone had any success adjusting the Front Fork Sag using Left Fork Pre-Load Adjuster?

· Registered
34 Posts
Way too late to help PDQ but I was sent a photo of the stock fork internals by a German forum member and one thing did jump out at me (apart from the bow on the spring....).

I don't know what the original spring length is (I'm guessing around 260mm but will need to look into the forks at some stage) but regardless, they're both the same stock length.

In this image you can see that the spring on the left is approximately 225mm installed and on the right where the preload adjuster is, its's circa 215mm.

Call it 10mm difference in installed preload, but the right hand cartridge is also circa 10mm longer (ish), which suggests a relatively long top-out spring.

If so, it would explain why the adjuster does nothing for free / static sag as you may still in the top-out region at that point.

Product Rectangle Wood Textile Font

1 - 5 of 5 Posts