Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I want to install the original heated handles, the official dealer says that I will not be able to install them myself because they have to be programmed. I wanted to know if it is?

·
Registered
969 Posts
If they are the original Ducati heated grips you can do the installation yourself. But once installed, you’ll need the Ducati dealer to install the program to the bike. Once installed, you can turn it on with the switch selection and select how hot you want it running through the dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are the original Ducati heated grips you can do the installation yourself. But once installed, you’ll need the Ducati dealer to install the program to the bike. Once installed, you can turn it on with the switch selection and select how hot you want it running through the dash

thanks for the info
but the installation instructions say when only some models need to activate their function
I have Xdiavel black star 2021 year

·
Registered
370 Posts
My 2016 was same, I bought the official heated grips online good price, had intended to install my self, dealer then said can install but won't work until they activate it in the software!
So I got them to fit and activate in the end.

·
Registered
969 Posts
No way getting around that, they’ll have to activate it through the dealership. I think they charge about .5hrs to activate its the dealership.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yep, the dealer has to turn on the heated grips feature for them to work. You can verify this by cycling through your options on the dash. If you don't see an option for heated grips, then that feature is not turned on. Plugging them into the bike will not turn on that feature. I installed them on my 2018 XDiavel and my 2020 Cafe Racer. The dealer had to activate them on both bikes. They can activate the option without the grips installed (that's what I did on my Cafe). Then when you plug in the grips, they will work. They can also activate them after the install. Your choice.

Oh, I have USA models. Maybe the laws are different in other countries, which is why some comments say "may have to be activated".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts