Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this topic has been covered in other threads but I've not managed to find the answers I need so here we go again.

I plan to wire my Keis heated jacket and inner gloves to the bike but rather than cable all the way to the battery I want to use the connector under the seat. What I need is to get advice on how to either get a conversion cable from the coax type jack on the jacket wiring to the connector on the bike, or the pinouts on the connector so I can modify the cable supplied with the jacket intended to wire to the battery.

The current draw for the jacket and inner gloves is 8A so it should be fused for 10A.

Can someone provide guidance on how to get this wired up in the simplest way - other than pay the dealer to do it (which is my last resort). Below are pictures of the connector and also the cable supplied with the jacket to wire to the battery.

Cheers

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle door
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Plant Gas Automotive design
Electrical wiring Cable Tool Pliers Wire
Cable Gadget Electrical wiring Audio equipment Wire

Attachments

·
Diavel Enthusiast
1,289 Posts
I dont believe the stock wiring is heavy enough to deal with the load of the heated gear. Most, if not all, heated gear recommend you wire straight from the battery and use the wiring they supply which is of a heavier gauge.

Wiring the Diavel for the heated gear is quite easy, probably easier then trying to connect to that connector under the seat.

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Diavel Enthusiast
1,289 Posts
Btw I recommend some type of thermostat or controller. If you wire the jacket directly the bike depending on the quality of the gear the amount of heat generated could literally burn your hands and body, or at least be completely uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
another option (if you have the battery wired to a battery tender) is to get a SAE connection to DC Coax Jack adapter (similar to this http://www.amazon.com/Firstgear-Connection-Coax-Jack-Adapter/dp/B00271ZL9K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356974740&sr=8-1&keywords=sae+to+dc+coax) and wire your temp controller, jacket and gloves to this. This is what i have done to my diavel and i have simply velcroed the controlled to the frame for easy reach.
Me too...works like a charm...

Reactions: E350

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine is wired direct to the battery and the plug has a protector cap with loop which is over the preload adjuster. I used heated gear coat with wireless remote control which I velcroed to the fuel cap. It is easy to adjust up and down on the go and no wires to deal with except from my jacket to the bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a controller with the jacket so that will be wired in too, just didn't want to complicate the question, so thanks.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Happy New Year!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.