Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While browsing around I came across a thread from "SIX" and agreed with what he had to say about a wider front tire...

So, I decided to give it a shot. I went with a "Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 150/60 ZR17 Tire" (Yes, it's a rear tire) mounted on a BST/Ceramic Bearing Wheel. The bike does feel more manageable, but I think it's due more to the BST Wheels.

I had to hack the fender to make the wider tire fit without issues, there is 1/2 inch between the tire and the fender.

The bike defiantly looks more aggressive with the wider tire...

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,494 Posts
Do you have a close up picture of the "hack of the fender"
I wounder how much you must modify?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Thanks MacDee for the write up I was just in the garage looking at my XD and seeing if the tire size you noted will fit without any modification and it's looking pretty good!! Seems like for the next run gonna be running a rear tire for the front. The OEM tire for the front is a joke, this definitely will be a game changer following the next riding season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Guys...
In this thread...
Bobbering up the XDiavel with a wider front tire | Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum (diavel-forum.com)
"SIX" installed a 140/60/R17 Shinko to his XD and it seemed he did so without any further modification, he also reported back no issues with the handling of the bike. I decided to go with the "Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 150/60 ZR17 Tire" for two reasons; 1) I wanted to stick with the same Pirelli Model as the rear... 2) I wanted an even more aggressive look.

As for me, I also have-not notice any down-side effects from riding with the wider tire. The bike does handle better on the road at high/low speeds and especially better when making U-Turns, but I think it's due to the combination of the Carbon Wheels/Ceramic Bearings... and/also, I eliminated 40lbs off the bike which has made the bike more manageable.

Two more upgrades to go and I'm done, HOPEFULLY...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very interesting. I might have to look at that option more seriously when it’s time for new tires.

One quick follow up question.

Your new carbon fiber rims, are they the same size as stock? Width wise?

And how tough are they? I have a NoMar tire changer in my garage so I can do my own tires (and my friends), it’s a manual rig so I use their big pry bar to remove old tires. I am wondering how the carbon fiber wheels deal with focused compression.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Your new carbon fiber rims, are they the same size as stock? Width wise?
Yes. they are the same size... but half the weight of the OEM Rims, for a saving of 14lbs.

And how tough are they? I have a NoMar tire changer in my garage so I can do my own tires (and my friends), it’s a manual rig so I use their big pry bar to remove old tires. I am wondering how the carbon fiber wheels deal with focused compression.
I had a local shop installed them for me, very professional... I was there during the whole installation (checking the rim before & after the install) and did not notice any stress on the Carbon Wheels from the tire that was installed or the tire changer that was used.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
@Dr_Rumor : if not get wrong, the seat cowl are the paintet Ducati Lamborghini edition cover. It's "slide" on the seat and fastening with 2 bolts under. Nice solution from Ducati
You will need to pay approx $ 10k for it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
@Dr_Rumor : if not get wrong, the seat cowl are the paintet Ducati Lamborghini edition cover. It's "slide" on the seat and fastening with 2 bolts under. Nice solution from Ducati
You will need to pay approx $ 10k for it.
$10K would be too expensive , I was thinking worth a "G"

·
Registered
220 Posts
$10K would be too expensive , I was thinking worth a "G"

He was probably mixing up Norwegian Kroner with USD, the exchange rate is about 9 to 1.
so 10K NOK is just over 1K USD, which is roughly the price that was mentioned above.

Another thing we Scandinavians forget from time to time is that we are the only ones in the world that uses the distanse measurement of "1 mil" which is 10km.
While someone would say that they rode 200km today, we will say we rode 20 mil. Fuel consumption is given the same way, my Diavel uses 0,45 liter per mil, or 4,5l/100km.

The swedes tak it a step further and list the odometer distance in mil when selling cars.
"my car has done 15.000 mil", 150.000km to the rest of us.

We are a strange bunch :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
He was probably mixing up Norwegian Kroner with USD, the exchange rate is about 9 to 1.
so 10K NOK is just over 1K USD, which is roughly the price that was mentioned above.

Another thing we Scandinavians forget from time to time is that we are the only ones in the world that uses the distanse measurement of "1 mil" which is 10km.
While someone would say that they rode 200km today, we will say we rode 20 mil. Fuel consumption is given the same way, my Diavel uses 0,45 liter per mil, or 4,5l/100km.

The swedes tak it a step further and list the odometer distance in mil when selling cars.
"my car has done 15.000 mil", 150.000km to the rest of us.

We are a strange bunch :)
Oh I get it lol, that's pretty interesting. Thanks for the insight

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Yeah, mine mistake. The price should be us $ 1k , as other mention 800 + cost for the paint job ( either the seat cowl or you hole bike in Verde Gea for matching the parts 😉)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts