Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

601 - 620 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 ·
Everything has an end.
Believe it or not, I decided to sell ...

Since it is difficult to sell a "custom" bike with so much extra, I have started to strip it down to sell parts without. So keep an eye out for classified forum / parts sales. Many good offers on "goodies" will be launched.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Everything has an end.
Believe it or not, I decided to sell ...

Since it is difficult to sell a "custom" bike with so much extra, I have started to strip it down to sell parts without. So keep an eye out for classified forum / parts sales. Many good offers on "goodies" will be launched.
There's always a start and an end, why are you selling? Getting a new bike? Your XD looks amazing and tastefully done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
Thx

I'm up for her sister- Diavel 1260
For a new project and one of her kind.

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Scb27,

In my natural state of intoxication I measure the dogbone's overall length from the center of each eyelet to about 27.7cm or 10 1/8".
Thank you very much sir! Sadly they didn't correctly adjust the Ducati Hypermotart linkage to the right length before they installed it along with the ohlins.... so now I need to flip the rear subframe somehow to get access to the upper linkage bolt. Bugger hahahaha

·
Registered
609 Posts
Winter mods are always fun, putting some carbon fibre parts here and there, you can never have enough carbon fibre parts

From MotoComposites? Did they fit good? MotoComposites are excellent to deal with and quick cuz they're in Canada. I have a bunch of CF stuff from them and most fit good but I got a set of the In Frame Covers that were a real PITA to fit.

·
Registered
903 Posts
From MotoComposites? Did they fit good? MotoComposites are excellent to deal with and quick cuz they're in Canada. I have a bunch of CF stuff from them and most fit good but I got a set of the In Frame Covers that were a real PITA to fit.
I just hate that they charge in USD. Shipped quick too and there a Canadian company. I got a bunch of stuff from them, rear tail panels, belly pan, and other parts ranging from glossy to matte. I finally finished yesterday and fitment wasn't too bad. What I have noticed with certain parts, you'll need to drill the holes a bit bigger and sand down the brackets as the retaining clip for where the screw goes in is a little thick. Had to do a bit of modifying. Dremel comes in handy for sure.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I just hate that they charge in USD. Shipped quick too and there a Canadian company. I got a bunch of stuff from them, rear tail panels, belly pan, and other parts ranging from glossy to matte. I finally finished yesterday and fitment wasn't too bad. What I have noticed with certain parts, you'll need to drill the holes a bit bigger and sand down the brackets as the retaining clip for where the screw goes in is a little thick. Had to do a bit of modifying. Dremel comes in handy for sure.

Understood what you're saying. I hate messing around tweaking things to fit. Of all the stuff I got the only parts I got from them that didn't quite fit right were those In-Frame Covers and they were a pain in the butt. I'd personally like to continue to support them especially since they're a Canadian company. Wesley and the rest of the people at MotoComposites are outstanding to deal with. Their parts are made in China so I guess we have the "China factor" quality control issue. I believe other sellers such as FullSix are made in the UK and Ilmberger are made in Germany so I believe are made to a higher standard.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I just stuck with motocomposite because 90% of my parts are from motocomposite. I want it to look at least the same lol. Also I think there parts are great, you never get the right fitment for "custom parts"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this measurements you are looking for?
Oem buttom to the base of spring: 240 mm,
Base spring to the black tube: 225mm and overal length: 740 mm
Hello! sorry to hear you're getting rid of the bike but I can see the appeal of the Diavel, a bit more rounded perhaps.

I'm not sure if you've put the original cartridges back in and are selling the Matris separately, but if they are still lying around, one final request if I may... :-S

Would you be able to tell me the diameter of the piston rod (tube connecting the bottom cartridge to the top-cap on the inside of the spring).

I'm trying to work out of it's 10 or 12mm. The Ohlins NIX30 kit uses a M12 thread at the top so trying to see if the OEM shaft is also 12mm as I can probably adapt the diavel 1260 top caps:

34922821A
34922831A

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #613 ·
A chapter is over.
The Dealer picked up the bike today for to be sale in the store. Not easy to sell it "private" , so try through the Dealer.

All I've got left are a 49ccm pocket bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 ·
Thx. Nice to know

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hope everyone is having a joyous Christmas, time off work and weather is not too shabby, whopping -5 degrees Celsius today which is like tshirt weather here in Canada eh!! Got my new seats for the bike and some bits of carbon fibre I finished up on.

·
Registered
903 Posts

Seems like I'm the only one keeping this thread alive, ???? anyways. Straight from Germany, bought from Carbonworld last year and finally got it in the mail. Adding some final touches to my Xdiavel. Bought ducabike sprocket cover and pulley plate.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Seems like I'm the only one keeping this thread alive, ������
yes, since I'm out of the "good" fellowship.

But have noticed that many Ducati Xdiavel and Diavel owners are conservative and do not make much modifications to their bikes ... Especially do not buy parts that are not in the o.e.m parts catalog

601 - 620 of 641 Posts