Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone is wearing when riding their Diavel? Full piece leathers, Leather jacket n jeans, Textile Jacket and matching pants? - whatever it is, post it on here with pictures if possible !

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
This summer I've been mostly wearing....

Draggin Jeans, Revvit textile or leather jacket (vented), Sidi Vertigo boots, Dainese shorty summer gloves.

plus Nolan N43 Trilogy or Arai Chaser helmets.

I'd like to get a nice Ducati branded jacket though...when funds allow.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
One particularly hot day (104F) I wore a t-shirt, jeans, Timberlands and Davida open face. Not done that since a teen. Stoopid, but liberating sense of freedom all the same.

On most hot days (92F+) I've worn an Olympia airflow jacket with denim jean, BMW touring Gore-Tex boots and white Schuberth C3

I've regularly worn a Hein Gericke PSX-RS Gore-Tex Pro Shell two-piece leather/textile waterproof and breathable suit, which has been affordable and excellent with black AGV Ti-tech

I've sometimes worn Rukka Armas(?) Gore-Tex two-piece textile waterproof and breathable suit, which is simply the best cripplingly expensive textile suit I've ever used, with silver Shoei Syncrotech

I've occasionally work Dainese / Spada or Spyke one or two piece leathers with Alpinestars boots and occasionally a Ducati retro casual leather jacket. Gloves wise I've used leather and mesh, short leather Alpinestars and BMW Gore-Tex, which have all been good.

I've got other biking gear I could wear but like most Harley riders I think I've spent enough time in the dressing up cupboard for one season!

·
Diavel Enthusiast
1,289 Posts
If its really hot, cargo shorts a tee shirt and slip-on converse...with a novelty carbon fiber half helmet...

Seriously this is what i was wearing when I first got the Diavel...i had always rode a harley, and this was standard gear...anyhow I had to do a serious wardrobe upgrade, once all the dirty looks and concern from fellow riders started pouring in...

I know this still isnt up to many of this forums standards but now I wear a Dianese Alien jacket, jeans, sneakers, and a RX-Q Arai...im working on some pants, and then some footwear...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
"im working on some pants, and then some footwear"
... I'd go with the footwear first personally. A few surgeons I've spoken with say broken legs and skin grafts are one thing, but if you wear through your ankle bone they are seriously challenged to be able to do anything productive with them.

Some of them believe steel toe caps can cause more injury problems than not having them, but I don't think it's a real issue so long as they're tough. Wouldn't be hard vs sneakers!

I once had a long chat with a motorcycle riding paramedic. He said that he saw fewer injury's to riders who used soft flexible armour (like Forcefield or Rukka style) than hard shell armour (like Dainese typically).

I have both but have only crashed with the hard stuff in. One was a viscous high-side landing flat on my back with a Dainese full-length spine protector in (1pce pro1 suit). I couldn't breathe for about a minute (winded) but walked away without a bruise. The soft and flexible stuff is obviously more comfy, especially in textile suits.

Until you crash at speed people really have no idea how much it hurts. But think of it like this. If you run as fast as you can (12 mph?) and face plant onto a concrete pavement in a t-shirt you're going to be seriously hurt right? Well its certainly no less painful at 30 mph, never mind the sort of speeds we often travel at.

I think, off hand, 75 mph is something like 117 ft per second. A couple of seconds sliding at 117 ft per second in shorts and t-shirt really brings it home what might happen doesn't it? You'd certainly be lucky if they can be doing repairing work rather than loping off bits after that. Sobering thought!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Levi's, usually Alpinestars jacket (leather or textile) and boots, always Alpinestars gloves, Shoei RF1100 helmet, and Oakleys. I say usually on the jacket and boots because I'll sometimes go without for short rides.

·
Registered
694 Posts
A pair of stubbies, a Bonds singlet and a some thongs.
Just kidding.

Got Sartso Killers pants, Alpine Star waterproof boots, ixon jacket with removable water proof and winter layer.
Black AGV G3 helmet, Ducati/Five gloves.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Joe Rocket black leather jacket with body armor,Hein Gericke denim, Joe Rocket leather gloves,Bell all black helmet and boots.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Alpine Stars Frontier Jacket.
Draggin C-Evo jeans.
Daytona Roadstar GTX boots.

Wear the AS Frontier trousers if weather isn't too good. Looking to get a Ducati jacket before next season too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Levi's, usually Alpinestars jacket (leather or textile) and boots, always Alpinestars gloves, Shoei RF1100 helmet, and Oakleys. I say usually on the jacket and boots because I'll sometimes go without for short rides.
OK, so I'm feeling a little odd (more than usual) as you described me:
Levi's
usually Alpinestars jacket,
always Alpinestars gloves,
Shoei RF1100 helmet
-I used to ride with Oakleys until I got the mirrored face shield.
.. and you ride a CR too!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Winter, Autumn, Spring in Oz means the temps allow me to wear company Ducati leather jacket, jeans, Arai lid, Alpinestars boots and armoured gloves.
I bought some cordura BMW armoured trousers, but they're just too hot with no ventilation.
As summer approaches, I bought a DrRider Airflow jacket last week, but the CE armour is pretty poor (bad fit and too soft), so I also bought one of these to put under it and any other kit I wear that's not leather and armoured.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/390/1633/Motorcycle-Article/Thor-Motocross-Impact-Rig-SE-Product-Review.aspx

If it wasn't so hot here, I'd wear full leathers all the time: why? because I had a bad smash a long time ago and know how bad it is to crash without good protection.
My wife commented that I wear good gear at home, yet hoon around on rental bikes when on holiday in shorts and t-shirt - dumb I am!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Alpinestars leather jacket and leather pants, Alpinestars boots, Arai corsair helmet in Italian colors tinted...not stirred!..and ducati textile Summer gloves

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vanson perforated leather jacket, Carhartt double front dungarees, Apline Stars gauntlet leather gloves, Sidi boots and Arai Corsair V helmet. If riding at night, I will switch out the Arai helmet for my Schuberth C3.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Summers / autumn / spring - joe rocket alterego pants, joe rocket leather + mesh jacket, dainese full armour, dainese gloves & shoes, arai corsair V
Winters - ducati meccanica leather jacket with dainese armour inside, dainese racing leather pants - glves, boots, lids same as above

The temperatures here in the summers are so effing hot, that wearing even all the summer gear and riding 5-10AM in the mornings, you end up being drenched in sweat like somebody just fished you out of a lake! no kidding ... needs real motivation!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts