Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

4501 - 4513 of 4513 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sent the diavel to the dealer on a trailer today. I love my dealer they picked my bike, no charge. Looks like the starter drive failed, the starter spins but does not crank the motor. The good news is, if the starter has to come out that means dumping the coolant and oil which is on the 45,000 km service which I had booked for this Saturday. Will be riding the 750 sport this weekend.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So got the bike back and the starter sprag (starter one way clutch) needed to be replaced. The new style cage is now metal not the original nylon/plastic retainer for retaining the pawls. The dealer replaced the flywheel to the new lighter model along with the drive gear. I had my 45,000 KM service completed at the same time. Glad my extended warranty covered the $900 starter drive issue.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had the battery in my key fob replaced. I was getting a warning light on the dash to replace the battery and it would not always turn the ignition on to start the bike.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I picked up a Sargent world performance high version seat. Craigslist score for $375.00. Read for some extended touring this summer.

4501 - 4513 of 4513 Posts