Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

4481 - 4500 of 4513 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just put new tires on the bike again. Went with the Pirellis again even though I only got 10,600 km out of this set. The track day took a toll on the tires. Interesting that the front keeps wearing out before the rear, I was almost at the wear indicators on the front after the track day. At least the track kept a round profile on the tire but those softer sides wear quick. Next up are chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
884 Posts
You managed 10k with a track day. I was 2800 miles (4500km) and handling was gone. Michelin's were so much better fit grip and handling.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Just put new tires on the bike again. Went with the Pirellis again even though I only got 10,600 km out of this set. The track day took a toll on the tires. Interesting that the front keeps wearing out before the rear, I was almost at the wear indicators on the front after the track day. At least the track kept a round profile on the tire but those softer sides wear quick. Next up are chain and sprockets.
6k miles is about what I get out the Pirellis...Never done a track day though. Rear tire cords start to show before front tires wear indicators are shown. How many miles on your bike? Chain and sprockets should last approx 25k miles if properly adjusted and maintained.

·
Registered
236 Posts
@rexinthebigeasy I have over 37,000 KM on the original chain and sprockets. I thought it was time to change them even though they still look ok, no hooked teeth yet but I know the chain is well overdue.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I put the upgraded heavier rear shock spring on my Strada,, what a huge difference which it's great.
I weigh 215 dressed.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
I lubed the chain and then went for breakfast. Caught a show n shine in the city that afternoon. 525 km return.
+1 Bud.
Anal retentive chain luber here!
Must lube my chain every 3-5 hundred miles whether it needs it or not.

Chain Wax is the best , IMO.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
215kg no wonder you needed a new spring.

I believe he meant 215 lbs. NOT kgs.215kgs equates to 471lbs.
Unless.....
The bigger they are the harder they fall. This big fella can ride!!!
I weigh only 150lbs...Don't worry, I'd be a bike length behind him.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube....h?v=mOn_RQIwGPs

·
Registered
884 Posts
I believe he meant 215 lbs. NOT kgs.215kgs equates to 471lbs.
Unless.....
The bigger they are the harder they fall. This big fella can ride!!!
I weigh only 150lbs...Don't worry, I'd be a bike length behind him.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube....h?v=mOn_RQIwGPs
i can't decide if your being sarcastic back to my sarcastic comment.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Now i can't decide if your being sarcastic back to my sarcastic comment.

Sarcastic always in a fun kind of way, NEVER rude or with malicious intent.
All my point was that big fella can RIDE!!
Best.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Replaced the rear sprocket carrier with a CNC billet version and added some red retaining nuts.
Nice set of red nuts!

Where u got em from Bud?

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
Today, I lubed and adjusted the chain..almost 30k miles on it..did some cosmetic stuff....tomorrow it goes on a Dyno Run at a local Bike Pub.

btw:...still on original battery..eight years strong.,
LoL Freddy Boy! 30K miles on original chain/sprockets? .Geez Bud, Ya think it's time yet, still within manual's wear spec. limit?
Bet sprocket teeth look like a wood saw's teeth by now, then run bike on Dyno? All the best!
Mine called for replacement at 22K.

Had a buddy snapped original chain on a Suzuki BKing @ about 45k miles while hauling ass in Interstate.
Luckily he survived mishap with out personal injury, but not the bike...approx $3k damage to engine casings/swing arm components.

Do me a favor Bud....Run the battery till it leaves ya stranded, but please...new chain/sprockets asap!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Put back on my California Scientific windshield over the Strada one due to weather changing.
Love that shield for protection .

Reactions: Oneup008

·
Registered
236 Posts
Got the diavel cleaned up, plated and ready for the upcoming long weekend road trip and a week off. The 750 will be resting now.

4481 - 4500 of 4513 Posts