Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering the Werkes slip-on for my bike, I'd prefer the full boat Termi, but at $3K+ just can't justify it. But before buying the werkes can I'd REALLY love to actually hear one, while there's a ton of clips available, they are just that, clips and nothing can replace hearing it live.
I live in san diego, but travel through Los Angeles for work up to the Central Coast often so could arrange to meet somewhere in between, or a weekend trip to LA or whatever is possible as well.
So if you have this exhaust on your Diavel, live anywhere in So-Cal and would be willing to let me "hear" it and see it on your bike, I'd be Most Appreciative!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am considering it myself, but like you I would really like to hear it in live.

I have tried the Termis and I think they were a bit to loud, and for what I've heard CW are about the same...?

Have you compared CW to Termis Coop?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm connecting with Rubdoggy tomorrow to hear his Werkes can....can't say I am A/B comparing to the Termi, but I will let you know what I think.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I've heard the termi many times and love it...it's the price of the system that deters me more than anything.
First time I heard a termi without baffles I thought it sounded a lot like my neighbor's cobra (ac cobra shelby)....and that's a very good thing!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Did you end up getting a CW exhaust? With or without DB killer? I'm wondering if the sound with the DB killer is louder than stock? I don't want anything louder than stock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I connected with Rubdoggy on Thursday, thanks man for showing me your bike / exhaust. First, this is not an exhaust for the faint of heart! Very loud without the db killer, no idea what it'd sound like without. But that said, it's got a nice deep baritone bassline to it and I was impressed. So much so I've ordered the Stainless Steel version with the Carbonfiber wrap to go with my red-carbon's look. I think the sound is louder than the termi, maybe a little harsher but really, I'd have to hear them both side by side. From clips I've seen / heard the db killer brings down the tone substantially, but I will first try it without the dbkiller to see if I can take it! I am getting a race flash for the bike after install as well as the cruise control flash as part of this. If money were no object, certainly I'd get the termi....the look and sound is perfect. But money IS an object and I can't justify more than 3x the cost (once you include cost of the reflash for the werkes can), to get the pretty termi system.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You're welcome! It was great to finally meet another forum member. I'm glad you liked the CW. Like I said, my Duc shop prefers them to the Termis for price vs gain. Hard to argue with a former Ducati champion racer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mounted the Werkes can today, couldn't be simpler to do. The look of the carbon can with my red carbon bike is sweet. The sound is thunderous! A really nice deep throated tone, screams under acceleration. Sounds different, better once bike is warm....I just took it for a short ride. Been sick with a nasty cold, but damn I couldn't resist riding her with the new can.
Highly recommended option....I get my reflash on Friday after Thanksgiving which should make it run smoother, but frankly it's not bad without. Seems to accelerate a bit brisker, as in OMG.....! I was shocked at how heavy the old exhaust was, this new can is obviously very light. it will be interesting to see if there's any noticable difference in handling in the twisties.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts