Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
601 - 609 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my name is Martin.
I am now a proud owner of a Ducati Diavel Cromo (2012), old one but I am only a casual rider so will not use it for touring or commuting.
Living in Abu Dhabi with lunatics on the road, best to keep off them on a motorbike until it is quiet on a Friday (Fridays are our Sundays).

Previous owner sadly passed away, so I have no history on this bike, or what mods it has done.
So far I can see from the following:

Mapped for racing
Carbon fibre wheels
Termignoni Race Exhaust with carbon fibre end cans
Lots of carbon fibre (chain guard, front headlight fairings, mudguards f&r, instrument panel tank cover)
Billet aluminium clutch guard (now removed, it was cracked)
Billet aluminium brake & clutch levers
Billet aluminium front sprocket cover
Billet aluminium frame plugs
Frame sliders/crash bungs
Ohlin shocks f&r
Rizoma mirrors

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all,
New Xdiavel owner in DC area.
Previous bikes are Yamaha warrior, Harley Street Bob, Honda Shadow 750(beginer bike)
Currently also have 1981 Harley Dyna Wide Glide

Looking forward to learning about the new bike, already been lurking in the shadows a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

New owner of a black Diavel 1260 S. Mostly riding between home and work until we have enough staff that I can take time off to go for a longer ride finally. No mods done or planned for awhile, at least until I rebuild some of my bank account after this purchase lol. Just got out of break in, loving riding it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm a big fan of Ducati. Previous bikes were a 2007 Monster 695, 2015 Monster 821 and a 2019 Monster 821. Still own the 2019, but recently added the absolutely amazing 2020 Diavel 1260S. I'm having serious trouble keeping the throttle held back during the break-in phase! The thing is an absolute beast.

Anyway, look forward to learning more as I'm not super mechanically inclined, but am gradually picking things up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi lads, ladies.

I just picked my first Ducati after years on jap stuff, a 2014 dark.

I can't believe how much of a machine it is, it's mental!

All the best from Perth, western Australia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
Been riding Harleys since 1976, 17 of them. I just sold my 2018 Road King Special. I built the 107ci to 117ci in my garage.114hp, 142 torque, not bad for a bagger. Had V-rod for a short period, 240 was horrible on it. Anyway , looking to get a 2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 S Total Black soon if I can resolve a few issues. Ive been riding 45 years, built a few bikes, had some fast cars.
Anyway, I want a diavel, going to test drive one. I've done my research and wanted to hear opinions on a few issues.
1. Rider positon. I was hit in the mid 80's and partially backed over and dragged, resulting 3 crushed lumbar vertabraes. Needless to say, riding at all gets worse the further or longer I go. Still rode to Texas, DC etc. How 's riding position on lower back?
2. I'm 6' 2" and don't aways wear a helmet, and never a full face. How's the wind at this height? I've gotten accustomed to fairings on Street Glides, or windshield on Road KIngs, but Ive had Sportsters, Street Bobs, Old School choppers. I asume one of the small windscreens may help some? My experience holding myself against the wind with handlebars, puts stress on my lower back. If I'm ok with posture on the test ride, and wind doesnt beat me to death I'll pull the trigger on a new Diavel.No hater comments, just some reliable opinions about wind and seating position.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
My name is Sam. My first new bike was a Monster, way back in the early 90's. After selling that and many years owning BMWs, I've now come full circle and own a 2017 XDiavel.

Thanks for allowing me into this community.

601 - 609 of 609 Posts