Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
561 - 580 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the fun Ferrari! By the way, with a name like Ferrari, do you drive one too?

No, but I'm working on it

One issue with the XDiavel seems to be small rocks/pebbles stick heavily on the massive size sticky 240 Pirelli. When bike sets in motion, they tend to fly off everywhere around swing arm area having a propensity to escape the belt guard assmbly and migrate between rear pulley and belt. Once that happens, it's catastrophic to drive belt cords.

Thanks for the tip, I will avoid certain roads - I have reported the defect to the ducat i, they should improve the belt carter -->

Next set of tires, you may strongly consider Michelin brand instead. They're not nearly as sticky as the Perelli, and more robust too. My last set of Michy's went 8k miles. Expect 4-6K miles from the softer compound Perelli Rossos.
Enjoy!
safe/calm

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
^^^^^Welcome to the fun Bud.

Did you purchase brand new? Strada model was discontinued in 2014, in case you weren't aware.

Bike has any mods?

Enjoy!
safe/calm

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Welcome to the fun Bud...I play the sex organ. My wife plays the skin flute.

Keep the shiny side up, or sticky side down.

Best wishes..

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Hi all!!
I am new to
the site, had my Diavel about 8 months ago and love it!! best bike I have ever owned
Welcome to the fun Donna!
One thing we definitely need more around here....Hot CHICKS riding Diavels !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Welcome,
Check the timing belts first. They might be due after 5 years. The rest is standard. Fluids, filters and sensors.
Not might be due...They are due. Gen2 every 5 years or 18k miles.
How anybody can drop $20k on a new motorbike, then 5 years later, ride it only 100 miles a year is beyond me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

Just brought my 2015 Dark Diavel from a friend of a friend. I'm from Melbourne in Australia. It has only 23k's on the clock and is unmolestered I'm sooooo pumped to go cruising ???? I haven't been on a bike for around 6 years but as soon as I threw my leg over that beast I was sold!

561 - 580 of 609 Posts