Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 609 Posts

·
Administrator
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Rhett and I'm a Ducati Lover....... I think this new Diavel will be an amazing bike for Ducati and I'm looking forward to learning more about it as well as the real world reviews of it.

Post up your name and say hello.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi from S. W. England.
I'm pleased to have found a forum for the Diavel since other general Ducati forums seem to have too many jokers who criticise any other model Ducati but their own, especially something different like the Diavel.
I'm also happy to see Captain Scarlet on board, I love his posts on the 'Ash..' site.
I currently run an '06 999S and a '06 BMW K1200R and am seriously interested in the Diavel, but can't bear to lose either of these two. Dilemma or what? A test ride is needed.
Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi, I'm Jim

After 9 years on an ST4s, faithful steed who has saved my life many times over, only the Diavel has caught my attention. Deposit is paid on a Carbon Red and I go out for a test ride in a couple of days - English vile weather permitting. Already sat on one and it's the first time in 20 years I've had both feet flat on the floor. Nice not to have to have the tank dig into my beer gut,too.

Hope they don't delay delivery - I heard (from the dealer) that there were problems with the paint on the Carbons - it sits too proud and they've had to find another supplier, which has added 3-4 weeks to the end of March delivery.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have read some reviews were it was noted that the red paint on the carbon was raised above the surrounding area. I guess some felt it should be below the clear coat. I could care less, I just want to covet mine!

·
Administrator
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi, I'm Jim

After 9 years on an ST4s, faithful steed who has saved my life many times over, only the Diavel has caught my attention. Deposit is paid on a Carbon Red and I go out for a test ride in a couple of days - English vile weather permitting. Already sat on one and it's the first time in 20 years I've had both feet flat on the floor. Nice not to have to have the tank dig into my beer gut,too.

Hope they don't delay delivery - I heard (from the dealer) that there were problems with the paint on the Carbons - it sits too proud and they've had to find another supplier, which has added 3-4 weeks to the end of March delivery.
Congrat's on the deposit Jim and welcome to the site, looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your new bike soon.

Reactions: Odar

·
Registered
416 Posts
hi, I'm Jim

Hi Jim,
yes, In Italy they had some problem on the delivery of the Carbon Red, because they started to produce and delivery the Carbon Black first.... also mine has been delaied (was supposed to arrive 3 weeks a go..) and now is arrived to the Store, I will collect it sat. 9 am
cant wait!
Mine is the number 3 Carbon Red delivered in Italy, all the first set of 3 bikes were delivered last week Friday. So means that Ducati started to produce/deliver the Carbon Red..

cool

in the Other Post u can see pics of mine when is arrived, and pics of 2 day a go..with some accessories on.. and now is ready to be collected
because I live in london for work, i go back to Italy only during weekend..so tomorrow night i will fly, and sat morning will get it!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Jim,
yes, In Italy they had some problem on the delivery of the Carbon Red, because they started to produce and delivery the Carbon Black first.... also mine has been delaied (was supposed to arrive 3 weeks a go..) and now is arrived to the Store, I will collect it sat. 9 am
cant wait!
Mine is the number 3 Carbon Red delivered in Italy, all the first set of 3 bikes were delivered last week Friday. So means that Ducati started to produce/deliver the Carbon Red..

cool

in the Other Post u can see pics of mine when is arrived, and pics of 2 day a go..with some accessories on.. and now is ready to be collected
because I live in london for work, i go back to Italy only during weekend..so tomorrow night i will fly, and sat morning will get it!!
UK delivery (from 2 dealers at least) is end of March or April. You're a lucky man. If you rode it back to London, you'd have ultimate pose value.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Greetings everyone! Just signed in to the forum last night. Excited about the coming out party of this new bike. I think im in love!!!! Cant stop thinking about the Diavel and how its taking so long for it to come out! Ive put my deposit on a carbon red in my area. I think i was the first!! This will be my first Duc so just wanted get all the info and updates possible from everyone who will also be gettign their first Diavel. Maryland of USA in the house!!!!!

·
Administrator
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Greetings everyone! Just signed in to the forum last night. Excited about the coming out party of this new bike. I think im in love!!!! Cant stop thinking about the Diavel and how its taking so long for it to come out! Ive put my deposit on a carbon red in my area. I think i was the first!! This will be my first Duc so just wanted get all the info and updates possible from everyone who will also be gettign their first Diavel. Maryland of USA in the house!!!!!
Welcome to the site and also the anticipation of getting the new Diavel.... it's a long wait... lol or at least it seems like it...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a Bking but it seems it wouldn't be for much longer
I expect to get a red very soon. It would be my first Ducati,I'm a bit apprehensive as I've heard so many scare stories about reliability and overheating.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello all, I'm Les from Canberra, Australia. Originally from Tuscany, Italy. Moved down under in 2005. Unfortunately sold the 749 prior to moving overseas and had a score of new bikes here in Oz in cluding a very much loved KTM 990 Adventure. But the love is red and not orange.
The new Multistrada was my preferred choice and started to save money for it.... Then... my dreams were ruined when I saw the pictures from the EICMA motor show.
WOW... I was hooked.

I have been phoning around to get a delivery date. Sydney has called me back two days ago, the Diavel is in!!!!
But apparently, Diavel matt black, 3 months wait after placing a deposit, Carbon black, 6 months.

Today I went to Ducati Canberra, which is a quite disappointing dealership because has the monopoly in this area and no competition.
As I spoke to the owner and showed great interested in the Diavel, which has not yet arrived here, I felt like I was almost intruding. He kept watching his monitor for new emails

Apparently it'll arrive on friday, but is unconfirmed. The wait, he assures me, if I want a matt black, is only two weeks.

My other questions were brushed off with no interest (accessories catalogue, costs, extras, personalized plates)

An astute salesman would have me wrapped in candy floss with a bank account 30.000 lighter, but no.
Alright then, I'll take a trip to Sydney (3 hours) next week, and see if over there, in true Ducati spirit, they know how to provide the experience of buying a brand new "jewel" a worthwhile one.

The next chapter hopefully will be happier

Les

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi guys,

Leonard from Calgary, Canada. I have never had a Ducati before but think this is the one for me. I've ordered a Red Carbon (seems most popular here?) but don't expect delivery until May. Can't wait.
I currently ride an R1200RT and occationally a Rune or CBX (that's where 'str8six' came from). I think the Diavel will fit in nicely. Going to be a long couple of months...

Regards,

Len B

1 - 20 of 609 Posts