Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted a comment on a daivel for sale post.

A guy named d1avid2 recently joined this forum and messaged me - telling me to contact [email protected] as he is selling a bike for a great price.

as odd as it sounded - i decided to entertain it. Sent an email and got a message from a guy trying to sell a 1260s. (which infact was a xdiavel)
wanted 15,500 for it - said he was based out of New Jersey.

when i asked for a phone number, he said his cell phone doesnt work. He has another buyer lined up - so if i want the bike i need to send him a deposit to secure it.
I tried asking for an address so i can ask a friend to come check it out - and he went quiet.

The whole thing was fishy from the get go. And it was 100% scam right after he sent pics of the wrong bike and then the cell phone not working etc.

In this day and age - i am pretty sure its easy to see through these scammers - but i wanted to post this here so everyone knows not to respond to any messages coming from David or anyone else recommending to contact the faclons guy.

People bust their ass to save money and buy something.
Then there are low lifes who want to scam them out of their savings.

Its pathetic.

Just a heads up.

· Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,789 Posts
Thanks for keeping this Forum free for people with bad intentions

Reactions: cs363

· Registered
1 Posts

A guy named d1avid2 recently joined this forum and messaged me - telling me to contact [email protected] as he is selling a bike for a great price.

as odd as it sounded - i decided to entertain it. Sent an email and got a message from a guy trying to sell a 1260s. (which infact was a xdiavel)

when i asked for a phone number, he said his cell phone doesnt work. He has another buyer lined up - so if i want the bike i need to send him a deposit to secure it.
I tried asking for an address so i can ask a friend to come check it out - and he went quiet.

The whole thing was fishy from the get go. And it was 100% scam right after he sent pics of the wrong bike and then the cell phone not working etc.

In this day and age - i am pretty sure its easy to see through these scammers - but i wanted to post this here so everyone knows not to respond to any messages coming from David or anyone else recommending to contact the faclons guy.

Its pathetic.

Just a heads up.
Just looked up the email address as I got texted the same message but it's about buying an arctic cat sled (snowmobile). Guess it's a scam then. Thanks for the information👍👍👍👍

· Registered
50 Posts

Its pathetic.

Just a heads up.
Such pathetic situation it is, black ship like David spoil every social media platform just to get some money instead of making it or earn it via a proper decent way. Scammers are everywhere either it social media or real life. Beware of them at every cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts