Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
After I reach cruising speed I move to high gear. That's usually around 75 to 85 for me too. When I need to pass I just downshift. By the time you reach the need for 5th its usually after hard acceleration is over, thus my surprise that it misses that gear sine it rarely sees much load from wide-open-throttle or high RPM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to drag this old thread back up! BUT, just had my side stand replaced this morning on a recall (xdiavel 2016, 12500 miles). I always thought the CLUNK was part of the joy, but the mechanic actually called me into to the workshop and pointed it out as "being not normal and a bit worrying". He had no immediate fix and was talking about stripping down the clutch and gearbox to try and resolve it ( I politely thanked him for his observation & declined his invitation ). I guess we'll just have to wait and see when they start to expire completely, enjoy it while we can!

·
Registered
51 Posts
So besides the 'clunk', does yours miss shifts ? I routinely will think I've hit the next gear only to release the clutch to a false neutral. RPMs fly until you realize it, and you try that shift again and it works, but it is extremely annoying. And guarantees you'll lose a drag race..........

21 - 24 of 24 Posts