Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I bought my Diavel for day rides I may want to take it on a week long trip. If you have made such a trip on your bike with some sort of luggage (thinking Kriega dry bags) please message me so we can have a phone conversation. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the dry packs. Done multiple 3/4 days to a week trip with them. No issues. Just need to take the bare minimum

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bare minimum typically isn’t part of my moto vocabulary. That’s funny to my riding buddies because my two bikes have very little gear storage opportunities. Thinking the 50 combo (30+10+10) would be the max I’d want on the bike. Only concern is the 30 bag sits in a manner that might be too far forward on the Diavel seat. Heading out tomorrow for a week in the San Juan Islands. Taking my trailer from Oregon (not Portland) so we can take whatever we want.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a 30 liter Kriega Dry bag. It works but it pushes into my back on long rides. Makes great backrest for driver lol.

I am going to buy Hepco and Becker brackets. I have Ogio Soft bags from my previous bags and used them once. I had to put them by the driver seat which made it challenging to get on and off but super comfortable and I didn't need to compromise on bringing stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m good with having bag(s) on a bike for a trip that has a destination and day rides from there so I can unload and remove bags and mounting apparatus and ride free. Daily rides with bags are a deal breaker for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts