Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I bought my Diavel for day rides I may want to take it on a week long trip. If you have made such a trip on your bike with some sort of luggage (thinking Kriega dry bags) please message me so we can have a phone conversation. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While I bought my Diavel for day rides I may want to take it on a week long trip. If you have made such a trip on your bike with some sort of luggage (thinking Kriega dry bags) please message me so we can have a phone conversation. Thanks in advance.
I just did 5300 kms in 2 weeks with a Kriega US30 bag on the tail (no tank bag or others, I pack very efficiently)

I used the Xdiavel Kit for straps that is sort of a half-measure, since 2 of them fit really well (closest to the tank) and 2 i had to cut a little and fix to the 2 larg-ish hex bolts near the tail end.

I used the "empty" 12V ignition-on plug on the front right inside the trellis tagged "navi" and soldered on an SP connect USB output that I hid behind the instrument so that I could charge my phone for navigation, this worked well.

I'd probably liked the wind screen for bugs, but not unbearable riding 8hrs a day without.

Pics of my actual Bike.
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Mountain
Cloud Sky Mountain Asphalt Motorcycle

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tend to be a pack horse when touring. I can't help but bring stuff other riders omit from their kit including: starter power pack (charges phone too in case we get stuck), first aid kit (have treated yellow jacket stings, debris in eyes, etc), tool kit (saved quite a few riders), safety triangle, high temp self-healing hose repair tape, etc. The only thing I hate worse than taking all that crap is needing it and not having it. I like the Kriega kit because it is modular and H2O proof. Anyone else have a kit worth mentioning? Also looking at the SW Motech 70 liter Drybag. Thanks for additional input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts