Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New to the forum. Just bought a new red carbon model. Ordered the touring kit but after finally receiving it, only windshield installation instructions were included. Anyone have the grabrail, backrest, tali light, luggage installation instructions or a link to where I can find them? Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Exact same position as me, just ordered a Carbon Red and was looking for instructions prior to ordering the touring kit. Was wondering how easy it is to connect the electrics and whether it actually disables the lovely rear lights???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this link to the PDF for the install. http://store.proital...nstructions.pdf

I think the US bikes may have to have an ECU flash to make the turn signals/tail lights work correctly? I am hearing that the default out of the package work with the Euro model which has a different light setup than the US. Don't know. I will install and see what happens!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, sorry. I do have the kit and it REPLACES the stock tail lights. Doesn't look as cool but still not terrible.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oh, sorry. I do have the kit and it REPLACES the stock tail lights. Doesn't look as cool but still not terrible.
Thanks man, this has answered my thoughts..... I have looked at the SHAD kit but not sure I like the bulk of the panniers. How robust are the OEM semi rigid ones? I already use semi rigid Givi on my ZZR1400 (ZX14r) and they are fantastic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually they are really nice. Semi solid. Fairly spacious for side bags on a sport bike. Elastic holders inside and handles if you remove. I was impressed but then again they are expensive. Probably because they say Ducati on the side. LOL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts