Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody 馃憢馃徎, I just joined the forum guys and was looking for a used diavel 1260s (actually no way I would pay for the new non-diavel v4) and I found one MY 2019 with just 1000 km, however what disappoints me is that the bike actually never changed oil since it was bought which is ridiculous, would you recommend me guys buying it or maybe the engine鈥檚 life has already been altered by such action?

Registered
Almost welcome to the family !!

Just my two cents..........but a mere 1000 KM shouldn't hurt anything. Of course you'll want to service it yourself, but at least they were honest about the current condition.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@CBH_Tx Thanks for your reply, I talked with a ducati dealer here and his opinion was same as yours, he also told me he could check it out in case i was still skeptical about it ($100 in my local currency), I鈥檒l go with that option and hope it鈥檚 got no problem in it鈥. really excited can鈥檛 wait to have that beast!! 馃榿馃榿

Registered
A 2019 with less than 1000km should not be an issue. The first ol change is at 1000km.
If the bike has been stored indoors, i.e in a garage or in a shop for all that time I would not be worried at all, oil will not go bad in such conditions.

Had it sat somewhere not insulated or outside and seen the seasonal changes in temperature and humidity, I would have been slightly more concerned, but even that should be fine. Oil does take some humidity from the air, but that evaporates when it is heated up. Even if it had been stored less than optimal, but was started regularly and run up to temperature it should be fine.

I would not worry

Registered
Hello everybody 馃憢馃徎, I just joined the forum guys and was looking for a used diavel 1260s (actually no way I would pay for the new non-diavel v4) and I found one MY 2019 with just 1000 km, however what disappoints me is that the bike actually never changed oil since it was bought which is ridiculous, would you recommend me guys buying it or maybe the engine鈥檚 life has already been altered by such action?
Buying a used motorcycle doesn鈥檛 hurt too much as you mentioned it's just 1000 km. Also its oil hasn鈥檛 been changed but I don鈥檛 think it will create many issues. Engine oil should be changed at least after 1000km so it's quite not bad to purchase that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts