Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm thinking of buying a XDiavel 1260 S that's ridden 6k miles.
I'm looking at the seat height which suits me due to previous illness thats weakened me a bit, but had a transplant to hopefully get things back to normal.
My concerns are ongoing servicing costs and mainly with regards to valve checks and changes. Are the servicing costs of these machines particularly expensive, and are they as good as the MCN reviews list them to be.

Kind regards,
Mike.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,739 Posts
I'm not sure what MCN means by particularly expensive service cost? The Xdiavel has longer intervals than, for example, many Japanese, so now they have had 3 services, the Xdiavel only has 2.
The Valve check of course depends on how far you ride in the year. But normally every 4-5 years. Often takes the belts too.

If one drops the bike, parts can be expensive to buy. The only thing I can think of is the rear tire. It can be more difficult to get hold of, as it is less common than standard tires.

I mean: Go for it. You only live once. Can of course cost you a couple of $ more than the average bike, and depending on follow-up service/documented due to second hand value.

·
Registered
Diavel 1260 Dark
28 Posts
Like everyone said - Ducatis are expensive bikes to buy in the first place, they are not that much more expensive to service and run than other bikes. Especially considering current fuel prices.

For comparison (in Croatia) yearly service for my Yamaha, at a third-party service shop, cost €110. Yearly service for my Diavel 1260 at an official Ducati shop costs €160. Pirelli Rosso IIIs (being sporty tyres) last between five and seven thousand miles, and cost ca. €300 to replace.

Prices in the UK are probably a bit higher, but I'd expect price ratios to be roughly the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys I'm thinking of buying a XDiavel 1260 S that's ridden 6k miles.
I'm looking at the seat height which suits me due to previous illness thats weakened me a bit, but had a transplant to hopefully get things back to normal.
My concerns are ongoing servicing costs and mainly with regards to valve checks and changes. Are the servicing costs of these machines particularly expensive, and are they as good as the MCN reviews list them to be.

Kind regards,
Mike.
Like everyone said - Ducatis are expensive bikes to buy in the first place, they are not that much more expensive to service and run than other bikes. Especially considering current fuel prices.

For comparison (in Croatia) yearly service for my Yamaha, at a third-party service shop, cost €110. Yearly service for my Diavel 1260 at an official Ducati shop costs €160. Pirelli Rosso IIIs (being sporty tyres) last between five and seven thousand miles, and cost ca. €300 to replace.

Prices in the UK are probably a bit higher, but I'd expect price ratios to be roughly the same.
Hi thanks for the advice, sadly that bike has gone, I've not been able to do much with just having a kidney transplant, but the store has told me that they are getting a slightly older XDiavel 1260S in soon with 16k miles and the first major service already done. I'll be fit enough then to go take a look with the intention to buy. Thanks again.

·
Registered
Diavel 1260 Dark
28 Posts
Hi thanks for the advice, sadly that bike has gone, I've not been able to do much with just having a kidney transplant, but the store has told me that they are getting a slightly older XDiavel 1260S in soon with 16k miles and the first major service already done. I'll be fit enough then to go take a look with the intention to buy. Thanks again.
First and foremost - I hope health serves you well! That's the one thing we can't buy.

As far as I understood your bike ponderings - it sounds like a mixed bag :)

Best to do a test ride before giving away the cash... I've heard (haven't ridden one) that XDiavels have a fairly limited rear suspension travel. Depending on the roads and riding style, that might or might not play a big part in the decision.
Xdiavel looks like a million bucks (and probably goes like it, too) so it might be worth the effort.

People who own(ed) them can give more first-hand experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts