·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found in various places selling termignoni exaust without map key
On this places was cheapest price.....

So is it possible to install termignoni exhaust without orginal map key

and use some other software to map engine to flash the ECU
or perhaps using boster plug to enrich the fuel mixture http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-24.html

Any ideas perhaps...?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Where did you find the deal? And how much is the "cheapest price? Care to share?
I was told by an European distributor that the key is not really needed, rather it's just an expedient to attract clients, the exhaust will work as well without the key.
I'm tempted to give it a try if the price is right.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You will get check engine light from the missing exhaust servo valve unless using an eliminator plus fuel mixture won't be optimal but it will work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will work but will damage engine in long run because when remove original OEM exhaust your gasoline mixture becomes
to lean ...and this will damage valves and some other components
So somekind remapping engine is must...or bosterplug perhaps to make gasoline mixture rich.
link for exaust 1900 eur without map key

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152230573581?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282168431467?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

·
Registered
364 Posts
I fitted mine myself had a week or so before could get dealer to do map upload. It certainly had a higher fast idle at start up and did feel like running a little lean, map done much quieter start up and no lights, and runs great, sure it can be improved to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have contacted dealer in my country and they say they do not have map for termi
so if i want map upgrade i must deliver the key

·
Registered
184 Posts
I fitted mine myself had a week or so before could get dealer to do map upload. It certainly had a higher fast idle at start up and did feel like running a little lean, map done much quieter start up and no lights, and runs great, sure it can be improved to.
Just want to confirm you did get the check engine light before the upload?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've actually wondered this myself, given the termi on Ebay without the key. Could someone else's map key work on another bike? Shouldn't a dealer be able to remap it for a fee with the program obtained by Ducati?

I definitely wouldn't run it for long without remapping because as someone said earlier, any major change to the exhaust will affect the fuel/air mixture and could cause internal engine issues. I think eventually an aftermarket map will be available but I think it could be awhile still.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've actually wondered this myself, given the termi on Ebay without the key. Could someone else's map key work on another bike? Shouldn't a dealer be able to remap it for a fee with the program obtained by Ducati?

I definitely wouldn't run it for long without remapping because as someone said earlier, any major change to the exhaust will affect the fuel/air mixture and could cause internal engine issues. I think eventually an aftermarket map will be available but I think it could be awhile still.
My dealer said map key only works on one bike and can't be used again. Seems wrong to sell exhaust with out it.

Mine was deff not running best with out it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The key will be replaced with your original map after it was uploaded. So if you decided to remove the termig before you sell the bike, you can upload the original back and you can sell the exhaust with the key. So it's not one time use only. It basically swap out the mapping every time u upload. But still don't understand why some are selling it without the key, it seems like every exhaust comes with a key...

From what I read so far there is only 2 issues
1) check engine light due to servo elimination - which can be resolved by installing servo eliminator, not?
2) air/fuel mixture - is bootster plug sufficient?

·
Registered
880 Posts
The key will be replaced with your original map after it was uploaded. So if you decided to remove the termig before you sell the bike, you can upload the original back and you can sell the exhaust with the key. So it's not one time use only. It basically swap out the mapping every time u upload. But still don't understand why some are selling it without the key, it seems like every exhaust comes with a key...

From what I read so far there is only 2 issues
1) check engine light due to servo elimination - which can be resolved by installing servo eliminator, not?
2) air/fuel mixture - is bootster plug sufficient?
Totally agree with above. I have the servo eliminator fitted and have a booster plug. All i need is a Termi!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I meant can only be used on one bike not used once only. I can't imagine anyone ever swap back as time it takes to fit is a long time so fiddly!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Actually the key is the control of copies....
This exhausts without key are actually illegal specements come out factory some other way
All Termignioni come out factory with key that is how they protect their product against illegal copy...
One key is for one bike only it will hold your old map after installing new map ...so if you want old map back
use key again and hi swap back maps to original map.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Actually the key is the control of copies....
This exhausts without key are actually illegal specements come out factory some other way
All Termignioni come out factory with key that is how they protect their product against illegal copy...
One key is for one bike only it will hold your old map after installing new map ...so if you want old map back
use key again and hi swap back maps to original map.
Yes i can agree with what you are saying, but if you already have the exhaust servo eliminator installed and are looking to remap via a Rapid Bike module then you dont need the map key. A decent Rapid Bike Evo module would be better than the map offered by Termi and is self learning

·
Registered
880 Posts
My termis turned up today at 1400 euros incl delivery. I purchased from www.omniaracing.net in Italy and was delivered in 6 days!!
There was no map upload key supplied so will be leaving my exhaust servo eliminator and booster plug fitted
Roll on the release of the Rapid Bike Evo where i can then remap

1 - 20 of 24 Posts