Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of the year where I am having my Diavel in my garage. I noticed the exhaust is a bit dirty. I wanted to know what is the best way to clean the exhaust and not lose its charm.

If I have published in the wrong area, I am sorry for that.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Use warm water with dish soap and a rag to clean the outside and inside of the exhaust system. My termi’s have been painted with a black ceramic coating on it so I just keep it simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,547 Posts
You also may use some degrees/ chain- cleaner to get rid of som oil mess from the chain, road etc. Otherwise like DucaRicardo mention.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I degrease all of my Termi and Arrow exhausts with WD-40 on a blue shop paper towel and then follow up with one or two dry blue shop paper towels. I have been doing this for years without a single issue and I clean them weekly. It is fast, easy, and will not cause issues.

You can also use WD-40 to clean the silver frame parts that are porous and refuse to clean easily. I also clean my rims with WD-40 and then a dry blue paper towel. I sometimes finish off the rims with CarPRO Eraser.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
244 Posts
I degrease all of my Termi and Arrow exhausts with WD-40 on a blue shop paper towel and then follow up with one or two dry blue shop paper towels. I have been doing this for years without a single issue and I clean them weekly. It is fast, easy, and will not cause issues.

You can also use WD-40 to clean the silver frame parts that are porous and refuse to clean easily. I also clean my rims with WD-40 and then a dry blue paper towel. I sometimes finish off the rims with CarPRO Eraser.
That is a good tip.
However you may want to use kerosene, WD-40 is about 95% kerosene, but you can buy kerosene at a fraction of the price.
I can buy a liter of kerosene for less than a 0.2liter aerosol can of WD-40.
I use it to clean my chain and other grime on exhaust and wheels.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is a good tip.
However you may want to use kerosene, WD-40 is about 95% kerosene, but you can buy kerosene at a fraction of the price.
I can buy a liter of kerosene for less than a 0.2liter aerosol can of WD-40.
I use it to clean my chain and other grime on exhaust and wheels.
True. Storage and disposal of Kerosene are more of a pain in the ass (for me), so using WD-40 is easier for me (and money is not in question). Others may use that tip, though.

-S1930

1 - 6 of 6 Posts