Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fitted my termi exhaust yesterday. 1/4 inch swivel and 10mm socket solved all problems. Now need to take it to dealers next week. But it sounds so much better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks everyone for your comments. I got my Termi system today. It came with instructions but I noticed one discrepancy between the exhaust instructions and the shop manual. The Shop manual specifies thread lock #5 for the header bolts. The exhaust manual didn't Any feed back on what you recommend? I have a buddy that is a ducati mechanic and will install it for cash. Like most of you i like doing things myself. The project doesn't scare me just wondering what you did with thread lock on the header bolts

·
Registered
12 Posts
For me it was 5 hours work.

I have installation instructions PDF, its 99% accurate and helpful, only few things need to do differently. Instructions are here to download for few months: XDiavel Termi Install.pdf. (45MB)
Please note that Map-Key you cannot use like written in instructions --- it needs DDS, in Map-Key box is written that "only use with DDS".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there anybody who has got a copy of this PDF?
Ordered my term from the dealer this week and getting it by next week.

Thank you
!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I got hard copy of instructions with mine and it was much easier to refer to than the pdf to

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got the hard copy as well, which were very good!
Haven't had the upmap done yet but the sound without baffles is lovely!
Took me around 5 hours, mostly since it took 1 hour just to separate the front cylinder piping from the standard silencer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got the hard copy as well, which were very good!
Haven't had the upmap done yet but the sound without baffles is lovely!
Took me around 5 hours, mostly since it took 1 hour just to separate the front cylinder piping from the standard silencer.
Can you share a picture or mounting specifics for the heatguard that falls directly under the seat? - mine looks like it wobbles quite a bit and on my last service they mentioned tightening the heatguard in the repair order. It's the heat guard near the O2 sensor up under the seat /rear shock area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you share a picture or mounting specifics for the heatguard that falls directly under the seat? - mine looks like it wobbles quite a bit and on my last service they mentioned tightening the heatguard in the repair order. It's the heat guard near the O2 sensor up under the seat /rear shock area.
Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue and trying to find the bolt. It's pretty dense under there but maybe viewing in some bright sunlight will help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The heat guard under the seat is held in place by two bolts that are just barely seen in the picture below. It does require moving the fuel tank to get at them.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found the proper steps for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, new to the site but just spent the day installing a termi on my 16 xdiavel. Wasn't as bad as I thought other than I noticed someone else asked about plugging in the upmap to the bike. It says for only dds use but could we actually do it ourself ? Seen some utube vids of other Ducati's doing it just no xdiavel.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hello all, new to the site but just spent the day installing a termi on my 16 xdiavel. Wasn't as bad as I thought other than I noticed someone else asked about plugging in the upmap to the bike. It says for only dds use but could we actually do it ourself ? Seen some utube vids of other Ducati's doing it just no xdiavel.

Any thoughts?
Are you talking about installing the upmap that came with the Termis yourself? I think you have to have the very expensive Ducati code reading tool to do that. Most people just take it to their dealer who will likely charge an hours worth of labor to do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed the termi on my 2021 Xdiavel. I know a lot of people have been talking about undoing the header bolts, but I found that I didn't need to if you have a bit of help. Here are the steps I used.

1. Add some WD-40 to the pipe connections
2. Apply pressure with a bit of leverage on the left hand side of the bike so that the stock exhaust is being pushed backwards towards the rear wheel.
3. Simultaneously have another person on the right hand side of the bike applying downward pressure with leverage on the stock exhaust.

After a bit of wiggling and pushing, the exhaust popped off. Obviously make sure you are applying leverage with a smoothed, long piece of wood not to damage the bike. It ended up being a 2.5 to 3 hour job. Hope this helps anyone worried about the header bolts!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just installed the termi on my 2021 Xdiavel. I know a lot of people have been talking about undoing the header bolts, but I found that I didn't need to if you have a bit of help. Here are the steps I used.

1. Add some WD-40 to the pipe connections
2. Apply pressure with a bit of leverage on the left hand side of the bike so that the stock exhaust is being pushed backwards towards the rear wheel.
3. Simultaneously have another person on the right hand side of the bike applying downward pressure with leverage on the stock exhaust.

After a bit of wiggling and pushing, the exhaust popped off. Obviously make sure you are applying leverage with a smoothed, long piece of wood not to damage the bike. It ended up being a 2.5 to 3 hour job. Hope this helps anyone worried about the header bolts!
Did yours come with the upmap??

·
Registered
5 Posts
All I'm not a Ducati owner and have joined this forum to try and get some headway with an issue.
In my local Aldi car park there is a Ducati X Diavel S VRN: CN18 WVV, which has been there for getting on two months now. Just apparently parked up and left there.
Police are aware as are the local Aldi and apparently the police have left msgs for the registered owner. My fear is that the owner may be somehow incapacitated or worse as you don't tend to leave £15k motorcycles lying around for months in shop car parks.
Is there any way your owners club can do anything about potentially tracking the owner or their family because it is a crying shame that the bike is sitting there, effectively rotting.

Please feel free to email, rather than use the forum: [email protected]

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

41 - 54 of 54 Posts