Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Got the termi exhaust sitting in the garage, tried to get the stock exhaust off and it was no walk in the park. But I've installed exhaust on all my bikes so I'm gonna do this. I've read some posts that say it was a nightmare and others that say it was just getting to a few well hidden bolts. Has anyone here done the full removal of the stock pipe that could explain the steps? Any help would be very appreciated, plus I hate my neighbor so I need to do this lol.

Thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thumbs um on the loud pipes for the neighbors. The Termis aren't too loud without the DB killers. The Voodoo exhaust on my Vmax shakes the walls of my garbage. I tear off every morning on either bike. It's the little things.

Oh and good luck with the exhaust.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Leave the rear in place, you need to remove front pipe like it says, but you could leave oil cooler in place and just loosen front pipe, it's still a pain to et to, you will need 10mm swivels

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wadejesu

Thanks for responding. I'm going to head to Sears and pick up some swivels now. You mentioned "like they say" have you seen any links around you can reference? I'm assuming the header bolts just need to be loosened so you can wiggle the old exhaust off. Are there any other major parts that need to be removed to drop this thing?

Again, really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not really, it is a pain in the ass, but it can be done loosen the 3 front header bolts till they almost come off , that will give you enough play to remove and install, you need to remove battery to get to 1 bolt on the front heat shield. wish you were close by, I would come and help you,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wadejesu,

Thanks a ton for the more detailed explanation, This is what I needed to know. It's guys like you that make these forum communities the best resource anyone could ask for. Super cool of you offering to help to, thanks man.

And things to The others that provided cautionary warnings along the way. I'd simply have a dealer do this but to be honest I enjoy doing it myself and I've had some bad luck with pretty much whenever dealer touches one of my motorcycles.

On a sidenote this exhaust sounds incredible without the DB killers in it. Dealer gave me a demo with it installed to ride for a week. If you're looking for loud this is the exhaust for you. I know the price is steep but besides the sound this really is the best looking exhaust for this motorcycle you could possibly ask for. Just my opinion. Thanks again guys, I will post some pictures once I've completed this install

·
Registered
132 Posts
.......Has anyone here done the full removal of the stock pipe that could explain the steps? Any help would be very appreciated, plus I hate my neighbor so I need to do this lol.

Thanks
For me it was 5 hours work.

I have installation instructions PDF, its 99% accurate and helpful, only few things need to do differently. Instructions are here to download for few months: XDiavel Termi Install.pdf. (45MB)
Please note that Map-Key you cannot use like written in instructions --- it needs DDS, in Map-Key box is written that "only use with DDS".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lauri911,

This was really needed. Thank you so much. I've got about 2 hours into it but stick on the header bolts. I'm not sure how to line up the shot. Swivels don't seem to be cutting it and the bolts are pretty shallow. Other bad part is the bolt are like right next to the header flang. I removed the heat gaurd so I get close but like wadejesu said it sucks. Tomorrow I may pick up a cheap 10 mm wrench, heat it and bend it to get the right side bolt out. The top bolt looks impossible to grab.

·
Registered
36 Posts
just a question, looking to get a set and want another workshop to install the system, but can the up map be put in or does it need to go back to the dealer to be done?

any advice?

RR

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dealer has to do map, The top header and right battery side bolt can be had with a 1/4 drive 10mm swivel and a long extension, left side with a 10mm stubby wrench ( slow 1/8 inch turn at a time}

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you again for the info Wade appreciate it as always. That damn heat shield gets in the way so I can't grab on the bolt at all. I'll give the swivel another shot.

So it sounds like I can't do the mapp update myself. Will the motorcycle start up correctly with the new exhaust on without being mapped? Just need to know I can get it to the dealer to finish that portion

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With the assistance of everyone in this thread I completed the exhaust install. I won't lie it wasn't a walk in the park, Ive swore a lot more than any other exhaust install I've done that's for sure. The instructions that were provided in this thread where a definite must. A lot of stuff has to come disassembled in order to access one single bolt. But if you've done this in the past on other motorcycles you can do it. If you've never done an exhaust before don't even think about touching this. I did it on the garage floor which made things a little more difficult but again it is doable.

·
Registered
132 Posts
With the assistance of everyone in this thread I completed the exhaust install. I won't lie it wasn't a walk in the park, Ive swore a lot more than any other exhaust install I've done that's for sure. The instructions that were provided in this thread where a definite must. A lot of stuff has to come disassembled in order to access one single bolt. But if you've done this in the past on other motorcycles you can do it. If you've never done an exhaust before don't even think about touching this. I did it on the garage floor which made things a little more difficult but again it is doable.
It is doable --- stock to Termi was 5 hours and Termi to stock was 6 hours. Both on garage floor

Header bolts was tricky and needed patience

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not really, it is a pain in the ass, but it can be done loosen the 3 front header bolts till they almost come off , that will give you enough play to remove and install, you need to remove battery to get to 1 bolt on the front heat shield. wish you were close by, I would come and help you,
The instructions don't mention removing battery, is this to make it easier? any issues with re-connecting battery after?

·
Registered
260 Posts
You need to remove battery to get at one of the exhaust shield bolts, no issue reconnecting, just a pain in the ass to get wiring back in place so side cover fits good.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks will remember that instructions are just a guide then doh, may regret going to fit myself lol but sure be worth, though expect dealer will be a bit annoyed by it. As got termi from else where cheaper to lol.
What will happen if I plug the little thing in socket for map upload? nothing until dealer has it connected to DDS?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts