Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I noticed that the tail lights 'wiggle' a bit... a few cm (about half an inch at most) left/right movement possible while applying very (very) light force with my hand... I don't think they will fall off but my Harleynoia (a fear of bits and pieces falling off, kinda like with lepracy) kicked in and I was wondering if all Diavels have this; in any case, I'll pass by the dealership asap but I was curious if it was just my 'luck' again...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Mate, mine does exactly the same. They have a rubber mounting and move alarmingly!
No problems with yours I think!

·
Registered
242 Posts
The taillights are mounted in a weird sort of "floating" way - take off the seat and you can get a good look. I suspect you should have no worries about them falling off (never see this reported) though I wouldn't be surprised if some other stuff can work loose.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah, so Duc is doing what Harley engineers do with entire engines: rubber-mounting them to prevent damage or loss ;)

Good idea about checking under the saddle; strangely enough, I haven't yet removed the saddle at all... never had any need for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts