Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah...

Every painter thinks they are God's gift to us with a motorcycle. Spent some time myself ...

But now you have done it, and when you have a picture to show, it will be much easier if I want to do something like that sometime in the future.
This painter is bloody amazing. He actually does all the insurance work for the local Ducati dealership and has also done a lot of high end cars and rods/customs.

Bike is actually going back in to Ducati on Friday to have the DUcabike clutch cover fitted. Then heading straight back around to the painters to have undertail repainted and also have the paint prtectino put back on. So fingers crossed within the next 2-3 weeks, it should be COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!

Well, I don't really want to spend any more on it as I need to draw the line somewhere. Hahaha...

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,504 Posts
Bike is actually going back in to Ducati on Friday to have the DUcabike clutch cover fitted.

Well, I don't really want to spend any more on it as I need to draw the line somewhere. Hahaha...
I think the bike will suit the clear clutch cover very well...

Welcome to the club to spend money and time on your bike...
It's like a virus - you will never be rid of it...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was kind of hoping I would be close to complete as well by now, but Covid wanted different.
It's impossible to get parts without long delivery time, I ordered my mirrors June 7th, they haven't shipped yet because the Rizoma factory was shut down.
My vinyl guy was so busy he did not have the time to do my bike before leaving for a 3 week holiday.

Fingers crossed I will have those things done by end of August, that leaves be about a month or so of season left.

Might be a few things that will end up being "winter projects" instead I'm afraid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was kind of hoping I would be close to complete as well by now, but Covid wanted different.
It's impossible to get parts without long delivery time, I ordered my mirrors June 7th, they haven't shipped yet because the Rizoma factory was shut down.
My vinyl guy was so busy he did not have the time to do my bike before leaving for a 3 week holiday.

Fingers crossed I will have those things done by end of August, that leaves be about a month or so of season left.

Might be a few things that will end up being "winter projects" instead I'm afraid.
How did you go with it all?

I've finally got my bike complete with the clear clutch cover on it. Am now thinking about adding some little Ducabike touches like the sprocket carrier and wheel nuts. Just to add a little more flair. Downside is, I've just gotten engaged and now need to pay for the wedding too. But never fear, the bike aint going nowhere. lol

I'll update the website soon and keep you guys posted as to when the last images have been added.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
How much did you spend on whole updating process???
All up I've spent over $10k AUD on it. And it's going back in again for another couple of respray touches. I got another massive chip on the undertail, so I found a guy who can put a PPF over it, and he said he'll use about 3 layers. So if that doesn't stop a chip, I don't know what will. Also going to get the headlight surround painted too. It'll be the same as the mid section of the tank and the front guard. Carbon dip, with black fading and the Italian flag in the middle above the light.

So all up that's another $500 or so to get done.

We've actually got a massive motorbike display on here at the moment at the Gallery of Modern Art, and the Ducati Club of Queensland has been asked to place 65 bikes for the Italian Day On The Green festival which is to be held on the 18th April. So my bike will be shown then.

https://www.qagoma.qld.gov.au/whats-on/exhibitions/themotorcycle

·
Registered
151 Posts
Really good job. Well thought out with great results ! I would like some details on that Tail Tiday if possible ? Do you have a sketch of the product that was made ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
How did you go with it all?

I've finally got my bike complete with the clear clutch cover on it. Am now thinking about adding some little Ducabike touches like the sprocket carrier and wheel nuts. Just to add a little more flair. Downside is, I've just gotten engaged and now need to pay for the wedding too. But never fear, the bike aint going nowhere. lol

I'll update the website soon and keep you guys posted as to when the last images have been added.
Look lie I forgot to answer this one.

The bike got a long way this summer, and this winter have seen a few more things, like the Ducabike clear cover, Termi exhaust, throttle spacers and phone mount.

Not sure if I'm going to draw the line now or keep going, there is som billet stuff out there like you mention, but I'm afraid it will be going overboard, need to keep it classy and not cross over into tacky.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Really good job. Well thought out with great results ! I would like some details on that Tail Tiday if possible ? Do you have a sketch of the product that was made ?
Thanks mate. I spent a lot of time deciding over everything that has gone on it.

Unfortunately it was a completely custom job. There is no sketches or anything for it. They basically removed the grabrail, milled out a channel from the main section to run the cables into and then drilled a hole through the handrail itself to fix the mount onto. It was the only way to do it.

Even though you're in the UK, the boys at Ellespede could possibly make one for you and send it over.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Look lie I forgot to answer this one.

The bike got a long way this summer, and this winter have seen a few more things, like the Ducabike clear cover, Termi exhaust, throttle spacers and phone mount.

Not sure if I'm going to draw the line now or keep going, there is som billet stuff out there like you mention, but I'm afraid it will be going overboard, need to keep it classy and not cross over into tacky.
Yeah, completely understand. There's still heaps of little bits to add, but don't want to go over the top and make it look shit. It's too nice of a bike to make it look bad.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So...

I've spoken to the custom guys I use and we have worked out how to get rid of the crappy plastic timing covers and bling it up a bit.

Well, we aren't exactly getting rid of them, but we are going to cut them to pieces and fit in a window or two to show the timing belts off.

I'll let you guys know how it goes and put up pics once it's done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just curious.
the DIAVEL on the tank, did you do that by hand or did you find a file to print it?

And if you have a vector file of that, would be willing to share?

I wanted that in my wheels, but my vinyl guy could not fine the font or the logo file, so we ended up with Ducati instead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just curious.
the DIAVEL on the tank, did you do that by hand or did you find a file to print it?

And if you have a vector file of that, would be willing to share?

I wanted that in my wheels, but my vinyl guy could not fine the font or the logo file, so we ended up with Ducati instead.
That is painted by hand my friend. Same with the Italian flag and the pinstriping.

I have an amazing painter...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bike looks amazing! One question though, why didn’t you just buy a red one too begin with? Seems like it would’ve saved you a ton of money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Bike looks amazing! One question though, why didn’t you just buy a red one too begin with? Seems like it would’ve saved you a ton of money.
Because they didn't make the 2019 in red. And the deal I got from the local dealer was for the stone grey, and was waaaaaaayyyyyy to good to pass up.

Speaking of the bike. I have it back at Ellaspede to have a custom clear timing cover made for it. The boys there are flat out, so I'm probably going to be waiting til just before Xmas. And that sucks as I have major knee surgery booked for mid November.

So it's gonna be a while before I get it on.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts