Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, as promised, I have got all the pics of the current build of my 2019, 1260 Diavel.

I have decided to make a website to keep it all in one place. Click on the link below.

https://zanusgiuliano.wixsite.com/thedevilsdiavel

Make sure you check out the last picture.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me know your thoughts people..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Very nicely done sir.

I have my red 1260s progressing through the break in process, I have also been tinkering with some plans for my bike, some not that far from what you have done.
I was at my vinyl wrapper of choice last week and discussed design. I will mostly focus on the stock wheels, I like yours, but not paying £1800 for a set of rims. I will also do some accents and "complete" the Ducati design where I find it "lacking" or "unfinished".

Planning on the same mirrors as you, as I had those on my old bike and like them, on the exhaust the jury is still out on that one. But at the first service I will have new leavers and probably the mirrors installed.
The vinyl will hopefully be put on within a week or two.

Update on my bike will follow, hopefully in a few weeks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks great! The Sandstone Grey 1260 has two parts on the frame that are brushed aluminum in color - behind the clutch cover and between the gas tank and the seat. I'm not a big fan of the brushed aluminum on the grey model, so I'd like to paint those parts black. What type of paint did you use to paint those black?

Mine gets delivered to me on Saturday. Can't wait to start customizing it little by little. Well done, sir!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nicely done sir.

I have my red 1260s progressing through the break in process, I have also been tinkering with some plans for my bike, some not that far from what you have done.
I was at my vinyl wrapper of choice last week and discussed design. I will mostly focus on the stock wheels, I like yours, but not paying £1800 for a set of rims. I will also do some accents and "complete" the Ducati design where I find it "lacking" or "unfinished".

Planning on the same mirrors as you, as I had those on my old bike and like them, on the exhaust the jury is still out on that one. But at the first service I will have new leavers and probably the mirrors installed.
The vinyl will hopefully be put on within a week or two.

Update on my bike will follow, hopefully in a few weeks.
So my original thought was to get it wrapped, but after speaking to my sign guy, he said that there's no product available that will get a perfect finish. And there's no way I could get the detail and superb finish with a wrap either.

Haven't changed the levers yet, but I may do. Yeah, the stock mirrors had to go. I looked at the Ducati by Rizoma mirrors but I couldn't justify the excessive price. The standard Rizoma's are pricey enough.

I was very fortunate that the wheels came with the bike when I purchased it.

I'm hoping my Duca bike clutch cover turns up early next week, as I'm already at 1000kms and need my service done. They'll be fitting the cover whilst it's there.

I can definitely recommend getting the Termi pipes. Such a monstrous difference in terms of sound. But beware, you WILL need ear plugs if you don't use them already. I wear a Shoei XSpirit III helmet, and after putting the pipes on and riding 30 minutes home, my ears were ringing for the rest of the day. All 6 hours of it...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks great! The Sandstone Grey 1260 has two parts on the frame that are brushed aluminum in color - behind the clutch cover and between the gas tank and the seat. I'm not a big fan of the brushed aluminum on the grey model, so I'd like to paint those parts black. What type of paint did you use to paint those black?

Mine gets delivered to me on Saturday. Can't wait to start customizing it little by little. Well done, sir!
I'll have a chat to my painter/artist about what he used. I'd say it'd be the same as the rest of the bike. But he may have used something different. Yeah it had to be changed. He went to a lot of effort to paint the subframe. 6 hours stripping apart the seat and everything under it and taping up the rest of the bike, as he actually painted it on the bike.

Thank you, sir! Glad you like.

Reactions: caribmon71

·
Registered
232 Posts
So my original thought was to get it wrapped, but after speaking to my sign guy, he said that there's no product available that will get a perfect finish. And there's no way I could get the detail and superb finish with a wrap either.

Haven't changed the levers yet, but I may do. Yeah, the stock mirrors had to go. I looked at the Ducati by Rizoma mirrors but I couldn't justify the excessive price. The standard Rizoma's are pricey enough.

I was very fortunate that the wheels came with the bike when I purchased it.

I'm hoping my Duca bike clutch cover turns up early next week, as I'm already at 1000kms and need my service done. They'll be fitting the cover whilst it's there.

I can definitely recommend getting the Termi pipes. Such a monstrous difference in terms of sound. But beware, you WILL need ear plugs if you don't use them already. I wear a Shoei XSpirit III helmet, and after putting the pipes on and riding 30 minutes home, my ears were ringing for the rest of the day. All 6 hours of it...
I'm just doing some small things to the bike, continuing the pin striping, incorporating an Italian flag somehow. Red rings on the wheels and some writing and color in the wheel lip and center. Oh, and some protection on the side of the tank, not stomp grips, but transparent vinyl I think.
I have done this on other bikes, yes the finish is not perfect, and it scratches and dulls if you rub against it. But custom paint jobs in Norway are just silly expensive, they charge 300 Euros just to start up the paint booth. A paint job like yours would easily run 2000 Euros or more.

I got 480km on mine now. Hope to get the rest done within the next 3 weeks.
Getting Rizoma handles since I got short fingers, the stock ones are working fine, I was not aware they were adjustable.
Had the Reverse Retro mirror on my BMW S1000R, so I though I'd just get the same ones.
Also waiting for Puig to release their windscreen.

Not sure about the exhaust, stock sounds OK at idle, and with the valve opening at 4000rpm the sound is not that bad. Actually like that it's quiet at cruise.
Had a full system on the BMW and that thing drove me nuts on the motorways.
I always ride with ear plugs, or my custom molded ear phones on my Sena 20s, I normally use my AGV K5, but also have a Shoei GT-Air, so I can probably deal with the added sound of the Termi system.
Right now I need to justify the 2500 Euro cost of that system, after spending 30.000 Euros on the bike, giving the global situation, I'd rather have that money in the bank than a wicked sounding bike.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Beautiful how it turned out!! I love it!!! Well, rock chip. It was bound to happen especially that rear tire will throw whatever it can on that painted piece. Maybe your best option is to 3M after it is painted. The termis you speak of, earplugs. What are those. I feel like mine on the Xdiavel isn't as loud as it was when I got it. Or maybe I'm going deaf ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After repainting, what will you do to keep it from happening again?
So speaking to the guy who who did the glass and ceramic coating, he is going to glass coat it again, then put a Paint Protection Film over it, and then glass it a second time. Other than that, there's not much that can be done. If it happens again, then I guess I'm just gonna have to deal with it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful how it turned out!! I love it!!! Well, rock chip. It was bound to happen especially that rear tire will throw whatever it can on that painted piece. Maybe your best option is to 3M after it is painted. The termis you speak of, earplugs. What are those. I feel like mine on the Xdiavel isn't as loud as it was when I got it. Or maybe I'm going deaf í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚

Thanks heaps. Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about it. Really happy with the way it turned out.

I've just added some more pics to the site as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful how it turned out!! I love it!!! Well, rock chip. It was bound to happen especially that rear tire will throw whatever it can on that painted piece. Maybe your best option is to 3M after it is painted. The termis you speak of, earplugs. What are those. I feel like mine on the Xdiavel isn't as loud as it was when I got it. Or maybe I'm going deaf í ½í¸‚í ½í¸‚

Thanks heaps. Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about it. Really happy with the way it turned out.

I've just added some more pics to the site as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update.

Hoping to pick the bike up tody after having the custom tailtidy done.

Will post more pics once I get it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any more pics? Looks great.
Yep

Just getting it all sorted on the WIX site now.

Tail tidy has been done and the Ducabike clutch cover will be on in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,504 Posts
Looking good...
Maybe I want a Diavel 1260 myself.

The carbon - black faded on the edge- paint or vinyl wrap?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looking good...
Maybe I want a Diavel 1260 myself.

The carbon - black faded on the edge- paint or vinyl wrap?
So the carbon itself isn't actually carbon but a hydrodip film with clear coat all over it. The black fade on the edge is paint, as is all the lettering and pinstriping. Including the italian flag. Took a bit of time to get that done. Well worth the dollars spent.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,504 Posts
Yeah...

Every painter thinks they are God's gift to us with a motorcycle. Spent some time myself ...

But now you have done it, and when you have a picture to show, it will be much easier if I want to do something like that sometime in the future.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts