Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As i get aquatinted with my 2022 XDiavel Dark. I have a gazillion questions as i go but one that is kicking my azz is finding a tool to reset the service / oil light.
Anybody know which tool and where to get it to reset it?

Even my Ducati dealer said sure go ahead and do your own oil changes, we wont void ur warranty as long as you buy oil and filter here. But we wont reset the light. But there are tools out there. But he didnt say more.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I know a few members buying the license and tool to reset the oil life monitor but it ain’t cheap. It goes for $1000 plus if I can remember. Best bet is to take it to the dealer and they charge half an hour to plug into there machine. Another trick is to go on the dash and turn back and rewind the date. Or do what I do and just leave it be. I do my own oil changes and I’m so against paying the dealer to reset the oil life monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Or ignore the light. Mine has been on for a few years.

Also, US right-to-repair laws prevent Ducati from voiding your warranty just because you performed service instead of them. You don't need to purchase supplies from them either.

I use jpdiag to work on my Panigale V2 ECU. I have not checked to see if it will work on my XD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You need MelcoDiag part of the jpdiag suite of programs, free to download and use, you just need to do an ECU dump and send the info to JP to get a licence to enable all the features (at bottom of page): jpdiag
OBD Bluetooth interface and cable: MELCODIAG DIAGNOSTIC KIT - BLUETOOTH INTERFACE + ADAPTOR (ELM & 4 Pin Set) - Lonelec
or wired version (currently out of stock): MELCODIAG DIAGNOSTIC KIT - INTERFACE + ADAPTOR (ELM & 4 Pin Set) - Lonelec
The above are guaranteed to work, unlike some of the Ebay/Amazon Chinese junk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts