Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any trouble with scraping exhausts on the road?

I ride her pretty hard, get her right over and barely have any writing left on the tyres.

Got any ideas on how to stop this?

Ideally, I'd like her higher in the back end to put more weight over the front and get that belly clearance up, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,504 Posts
You're probably like me, active riding style. Now I have gen.3 and do not know your bike so well, but I am also touch in the road with the footrests and levers (not exhaust)

Do not know how to ride / sit on the bike in the turns, but you may try to lean more with your upper body towards the handlebar so that it is possible to have the bike in a more upright position. You are approaching the maximum on the bike now. The writing on the sides of the tire is not always an indication. Also depends on the air pressure and profile / shape of the tire type.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Get the suspension set up correctly. Out of the showroom the rear end does not have enough preload and the front fork is to stiff. Once setup the bike will turn in way better and not drag the pipes as easily. Check the suspension thread for setup tips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts