Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am trying to fit a Sat Nav to my Diavel 1260S 2019.
Can anyone please tell me if and where there is a power + & - terminal which I can hook onto.

Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
You will find a white plug on the right side, marked NAVI, should not need to remove anything, just turn the wheel to the left. It mat be tucked in a little.

It may be plugged in to something, as I suspect it powers the under seat USB port, it is plugged in to something on my bike.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You will find it in this area .

The thin wire with the white connector to the right of my finger is my heated grips, so its not that.
Just look for the NAVI tag.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry I missed this question.

Unless you have already found it, you are probably a little too far forward.
Mine was tucked behind the grey/black connecter that is on the frame, pushed that off and was able to pull it out.
It's the little white one and you can see the tag. On my bike its connected to a wire that is just 5cm long, I assume this is a weather protection blanking plug.
You may actually be able to cut open the heat shrink and find some wires that you can connect to your NAVI power cord, or to a female USB plug.
Looks like Ducati provided a plug and a pigtail for you to connect your equipment to.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Mine was tucked behind the grey/black connecter that is on the frame, pushed that off and was able to pull it out.
It's the little white one and you can see the tag. On my bike its connected to a wire that is just 5cm long, I assume this is a weather protection blanking plug.
You may actually be able to cut open the heat shrink and find some wires that you can connect to your NAVI power cord, or to a female USB plug.
Looks like Ducati provided a plug and a pigtail for you to connect your equipment to.
View attachment 111461

View attachment 111461
Just in case anyone is interested and has had the same problem as me.
If you are trying to install a Tom Tom 550 Sat Nav like I was, it comes with a stand which is also a voltage converter.
Therefore, you cannot connect it to a 4.5 volt connector which is what the Ducati connectors are.
You have to connect it to a 12v wire which I found under the seat. I connected it to the wire which feeds the USB connection and just spliced into it..
If you have a Sat Nav which requires 4.5 volts, which is a usb voltage, then the connectors at the front of the bike as described above will work.
I hope this helps someone out there as it took me bloody ages to work this out.
Thank you to Noggie for your help anyway.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just in case anyone is interested and has had the same problem as me.
If you are trying to install a Tom Tom 550 Sat Nav like I was, it comes with a stand which is also a voltage converter.
Therefore, you cannot connect it to a 4.5 volt connector which is what the Ducati connectors are.
You have to connect it to a 12v wire which I found under the seat. I connected it to the wire which feeds the USB connection and just spliced into it..
If you have a Sat Nav which requires 4.5 volts, which is a usb voltage, then the connectors at the front of the bike as described above will work.
I hope this helps someone out there as it took me bloody ages to work this out.
Thank you to Noggie for your help anyway.
Are you saying the plug I showed you up front, that say "NAVI/USB 12v/24w" on the label is actually 4.5v? And Ducati labelled it wrong?

·
Registered
Diavel 1260 Dark
17 Posts
No, I am saying that we cannot find that plug, and every other plug we can find is 4.5V.
I’ve just checked my 2019 Diavel 1260 (not ”S”) and found the plug where Noggie described. It looks like it’s coming out of a larger set of wires so it might be hidden behid the frame or other connectors.

(please excuse the dust and watermarks)
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.