Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out to Salt River Canyon this morning and to our great surprise, the entire East side of the canyon had been re-paved and was pure virgin asphalt. It wasn't complete yet so we had to chill due to the fresh pavement but damn, once they get the West side of the canyon re-paved it will be one of the most epic rides in the country. And the ride out to the Canyon from Winkleman is beyond beautiful - 75 miles of nothing but mountains, canyons, valleys, and twisties. Great way to start the day

From Winkleman to the View Point is 75 miles of killer curves, elevations changes, canyons, straights and rarely any law enforcement.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it more and more each time I ride with these guys. They've shown me a ton of great rides and they like to ride really, really fast

The guy that leads the group rides a ZX14 Concourse and we swapped bikes for while today. That thing is a freaking couch rocket. Comfy as hell to ride and nimble as a liter bike. I was blown away how well that giant thing handles.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never heard nothing but good about the Concourse for the distance.
That thing is incredible. If I were in the market for a cruiser, I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy one. It's ugly as a redheaded stepchild but man, it hides its weight surprisingly well. It felt like riding a Triumph Sprint with twice the power. The only time I really noticed the heft was during rapid braking.....and it doesn't really care for mid-corner corrections but, if you set up the corner properly it feels like a Honda Magna or something. And the owner can ride too - he is stupid quick in the twisties with that thing. He's a blast to follow on rides like these

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.