Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'13 Diavel Chromo- bone stock- no performance mods.​
Did 6 runs total. Fastest ET was [email protected] Second fastest was [email protected] First four runs were run in Sport mode with DTC on @ level 1. I felt the DTC kicking in and cutting power out at the launch so I turned off the DTC for the last 2 launches but only got an 11.5 and 11.4.​
Overall not bad for not drag racing in 3 years, and I got to push some limits and find the throttle stop on the Diavel. I had some good RTs - a .28 and .27. Pretty happy overall considering my all time best on the Gixxer was [email protected] Had lots of fun and I got to practice my race starts. Also got lots of interest from the other riders and spectators. Of course being the only girl out there and on a Diavel doesn't hurt. Thanks to my husband Paul for taking the pics!!​

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all.
@TurboTiger- I'm on there but not much.
@JoganJani- Competition Werkes tail kit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why? You meant not drilling holes in grab handle? Is there any other way? I'd like to know please. Also, does cops have any issues with it in CA?
The distructions tell you to drill a two holes. The second one 1" below the first. 1/2" is closer to where is needs to be. If actually you want to be able to get your key in under the seat.
Simply put, drill the first hole it the factory dimple and then line up your bracket so that the bend of the light tab matches the bend of the grab handle.

Then mark the mounting hole and drill. The top hole is to run the light wire and the bottom hole is for the single mounting bolt.

I filed down the two rivets on right side of the bracket so they don't rest on the hump where your key goes for the seat.

I also lengthened the light wire to get it under the seat and splice to the factory light wire. (that's the fun part, re-routing the light wire up to under the seat) You'll have to leave a little slack on the wire tucked above the handle it you ever intend to pull it out.

I painted the kit gloss black so it blends in and used a strip of Velcro to keep it from folding down at high speed.

I can't see the cops having any issues with it, it is VERY visible. I do need to put a rear red reflector to be completely legal. The small side reflectors off of the factory fender, pop one off and double stick it to the top of your plate.That's how I did our Gixer's.

Simply put.
I love the smiles, but they realy shouldn't smoke.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Freaking awesome Stacy. Way to go.

Reactions: paulygs69

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts