Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I accelerate hard in the lower gears I've notice a couple of times that the engine will do a hard cut at high RPM's. I'm not thrashing the bike, it's the first time I've owned a Duc. It might sound silly to some but when this happens I'm not looking at the rev counter as I'm not used to a bike with the digital bar counter and haven't noticed a light come on. Can anyone tell me if this cut is just the rev limiter coming in? I haven't had chance to actually look at the Tach when this occurs. I thought the red line was over 10,000 RPM. I could be revving higher than I think.

·
Banned
1,727 Posts
Maybe it's the rev limiter, but I suspect it's the traction control stopping your rear wheel from spinning.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Like all high end machines I own that I may not be used to... learn to listen to the engine and coordinate it with the rpm gauge and in time you will train yourself to shift within the limits just by the sound of the engine

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'd be surprised if it's the traction control as the speed is quite high when this happens and I'm totally straight. I'll try to focus more on the tach next time out so I can give a definitive answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts