Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering getting a Rizoma handle bar, I am told it offers few mm of up and back difference that might be all I need to relieve the pressure on my wrists, besides they look amazing , at least in pictures.

anyone went that route ? do you like it ? was it worth the work ? is it something that can be done in my garage or with wiring and all I need my stealership expertise ?

if you have pictures please share.

thank you

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am seriously considering getting a Rizoma handle bar, I am told it offers few mm of up and back difference that might be all I need to relieve the pressure on my wrists, besides they look amazing , at least in pictures.

anyone went that route ? do you like it ? was it worth the work ? is it something that can be done in my garage or with wiring and all I need my stealership expertise ?

if you have pictures please share.

thank you
Absolutely love love love my Rizoma bars. Got them in all black. Expensive, yes.... Look bad ass? IMO..yes. IMO the original bar set up was just too busy, these cleaned things up nicely. Did it change the ride position? Maybe a little, not even enough to really notice a difference. I was comfortable with both options to be honest. I made the switch because i love the look and anything billet aluminum . Keep in mind that if you're currently using the DP windscreen, it won't work with the Rizoma bars. You'll have to switch over to the Rizoma windcreen. It's a bit smaller, but lets face it, those "windscreens" don't do shit, it's basically looks. I'll attach some pics, pardon the low quality....

Reactions: abuomar

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a very expensive solution just to relieve your wrist issues and even then it might not be good enough for you.

Plenty of pictures if you search on google images and allot pointing to here.

From what I see, yours is Gen2 but the fitting should not differ much. Have a look at this little guide http://www.diavel-fo...oma-handlebars/
agent,
after following your link I decided to go to the dealership and see if switching will make a real difference

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely love love love my Rizoma bars. Got them in all black. Expensive, yes.... Look bad ass? IMO..yes. IMO the original bar set up was just too busy, these cleaned things up nicely. Did it change the ride position? Maybe a little, not even enough to really notice a difference. I was comfortable with both options to be honest. I made the switch because i love the look and anything billet aluminum . Keep in mind that if you're currently using the DP windscreen, it won't work with the Rizoma bars. You'll have to switch over to the Rizoma windcreen. It's a bit smaller, but lets face it, those "windscreens" don't do shit, it's basically looks. I'll attach some pics, pardon the low quality....

Rob,

honestly I wanted to go with the rizoma mostly because of the aesthetics , besides I already have rizoma lux grips in silver, rizoma mirrors in silver, rizoma reservoir covers, rizoma bar ends in silver,and rizoma silver wind screen, but I just needed the extra reason to make this expensive investment,and was hoping someone would tell me yes it will feel better, corner better or any functional reason and not pure looks, thanks for the pictures really cool

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yoda,

aside from the position, did the bars make it easier to corner ?
For me yes as it put the bars in a better position for me to counter steer, but again I'm short, so these bars made everything more comfortable and easier

2015 Diavel Dark, sports screen, grab rail kit, back rest, DP panniers
Darwin NT Australia

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Rob,

did the Rizoma bars make a better counter steering for you ? do you feel more or less fatigue in long runs ?

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
For me yes as it put the bars in a better position for me to counter steer, but again I'm short, so these bars made everything more comfortable and easier

2015 Diavel Dark, sports screen, grab rail kit, back rest, DP panniers
Darwin NT Australia
Hi Mate.... I'm about to buy my mates 15 Diavel and am a short ass too 5'4"..... I'm looking into rearward bars and came across your post. How much further back did the new bar place the grip? and did you need to mess about with the brake/clutch and electrical???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts