Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey me too, this is my first one and I have no idea tbh. My guess is that it’s a remote tune or that you have to send in your ecu for a flash. I’ll definitely be doing this in the winter if so and after I get my arrow or zard exhaust.

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you buy the Rexxer kit and inform your custom exhaust(Zard, Arrow etc), David will send you a communicator device which connect to the bike. You can request him to install a dedicated modified map for your bike into the device. Otherwise can request him to send the map file via email, then you can load the map file into the device via a PC. When you plug the communicator device to bike's diagnostic socket, you can load the map into the bike.
I advise you to ask David, I guess he will explain you exactly.
Attached photos show the communicator device plugged to the diagnostic socket, and its display under writing a map into the ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s awesome, thank you for the information. How does living in higher elevation effect the tune, I don’t want to run lean and damage my bike. Would I be able to take it to a dyno and have them fine tune his tune where I’m at?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm living in Japan.
I thought tuning with dyno first, but unfortunately Japanese shops didn't want to use Rexxer.
All I could do is informing David my custom exhaust and got him sent me modified map.
I have not complete my customization because of lacking some parts.
So haven't tried riding yet.
You are living in USA, don' t you?
I guess David advise you a proper shop in USA which can tune your bike with Rexxer and dyno.
Sorry I'm not sure he can advise on tuning bike used in higher elevation.
But you can ask him anything.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,528 Posts
If this is true, then it's good news. But I think it's a little too good to be true.
But I want you guys to carry "test rabbits" and give us feedback. Would love to have a Dyno run before and after to confirm any power increase.

Flash the entire ECU and new up-map. Received a program from Ducati? If Rexxer Tunner has done this, then he will be the first to crack into the ECU. (But someone must be first then ...)

·
Registered
47 Posts
If this is true, then it's good news. But I think it's a little too good to be true.
But I want you guys to carry "test rabbits" and give us feedback. Would love to have a Dyno run before and after to confirm any power increase.

Flash the entire ECU and new up-map. Received a program from Ducati? If Rexxer Tunner has done this, then he will be the first to crack into the ECU. (But someone must be first then ...)
Won’t be me. Lol

·
Registered
957 Posts
Not a diavel 1260S and wanted to get the tune for my XD. If you can get the programmer that'll be good if the dealer decides to reflash your ecu. You can re-install the tune again. At that time he wanted me to send in my ecu, to me it wasn't worth it and the bike is under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
My initial thoughts. If you’re wanting a quick turnaround with no issues, don’t go with rexxer. Purchased the Evo 9/28. Sent ECU file on 10/2. Received my tune back on 10/7 to upload to the bike. 10/10 was the first day I was able to get to it and had an error while writing to ECU. Sent the issue with pictures and the log file from the unit. Received reply back on 10/12 that he would be looking into it. They’re closed on Sundays and Mondays. It just so happened that I was gone all last week out of town, so I didn’t want to harp on it with them if I ran into another issue and they needed something from me. No information since 10/12 and it’s now 10/18. I’ll update how the bike runs once my unit will finally talk to the bike. It also won’t reset the oil service light or any codes currently. I unplugged the o2 sensor per their recommendation since the tune is supposed to disable them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My initial thoughts. If you’re wanting a quick turnaround with no issues, don’t go with rexxer. Purchased the Evo 9/28. Sent ECU file on 10/2. Received my tune back on 10/7 to upload to the bike. 10/10 was the first day I was able to get to it and had an error while writing to ECU. Sent the issue with pictures and the log file from the unit. Received reply back on 10/12 that he would be looking into it. They’re closed on Sundays and Mondays. It just so happened that I was gone all last week out of town, so I didn’t want to harp on it with them if I ran into another issue and they needed something from me. No information since 10/12 and it’s now 10/18. I’ll update how the bike runs once my unit will finally talk to the bike. It also won’t reset the oil service light or any codes currently. I unplugged the o2 sensor per their recommendation since the tune is supposed to disable them.
Also I faced a few issues while writing RexXer maps into ECU.
Everytime I faced a issue, I asked David to solve, then suceeded finally.
So I thought David got know-how to write maps into ECU smoothly through the experience, and became able to inform customers it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
David at Rexxer is nice to work with. Not his fault, but my bike was purchased in May and has an update that must have been pushed out by Ducati on the BBS computer on the bike. He hadn’t seen this before on other diavels. He’s having the same issue with another customer, so he’s working it out still. So she’s still resting. I don’t want to ride it until it’s ready.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After him trying to fix it for a week, David at rexxer has now asked for me to ship my ecu and handheld to him. He can’t get it to link up without the new BBS file. You’re all welcome to anyone that comes after me. Lol.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,528 Posts
Yes, us other waiting for the feedback from you 🍿 🖥

·
Registered
6 Posts
ECU arrived there 11/4. He said staff got him the ECU 11/5 and was starting to work on it. Again they’re closed on Sundays and Mondays. However, it’s now 11/9, Tuesday night. And no word. I’m hopeful but at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he says he can’t crack it for whatever reason. I went with rexxer mainly on it being a bigger known company and there’s even a quick teaser video on their YouTube of a 1260 on a dyno. But only having one guy in the country do all your tuning is not an ideal scenario from a customer’s standpoint. Should have gone with SLR’s handheld. I’m trying to go to the caffeine and octane show this Saturday, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts