Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys n Gals, I would like some constructive criticism and your thoughts regarding why you would or wouldn’t purchase a Diavel that has repairable write off history.
BACK STORY; I purchased a repairable write off and repaired it, everything that was damaged was either replaced or repainted and nothing repaired (so no dodgy bog jobs anywhere). It went through Regency (as I’m in SA) with no problems at all and is now fully legal, registered, insured, etc. Having ridden it for a while I can’t really click with it and it’s now up for sale. It looks great and the list of new items fitted is pretty long. What would stop any of you from buying it? I’m looking for serious discussion here.
Thanks peeps.
Tire Sky Plant Fuel tank Wheel

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've successfully bought cars and trucks with salvage titles. That's how they're handled in Texas. Body/repair shops buy the totalled vehicle, repair it, and then the government re-issues a new title showing that it had previously documented damage. Both of the vehicles ran and drove great, and saved me around 20% of the price. The most recent one even paid off handsomely by insurance after someone else T-boned it, resulting in a total loss.

I've never experienced it with a bike, but a thorough test ride should show if its really as good as new or not. Just price it accordingly............

Keep us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts