Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on taking the bike on the track soon and wanted to leave the Remus in place however the track has a 105 db noise restriction.

Does anyone know if they will pass? They make you rev the bike to about 7000 rpm and stuff the meter at the back of the exhaust.

Cheers

G

·
105db is loud, if i had to guess i'd say you should be alright, it's a slip on yes? if you still have the flapper i'd say you'll be ok, wouldn't bet the KLR on it though.

did you get db killers with the muffler?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I left the db killers in the Remus as I start the bike early in the morning i don't want to piss the neighbours off any more than I have already.

The Remus is a slip on and only takes 10 mins to change back to the standard but I wanted to leave it on for the track if I can as its so much lighter than the standard. Not sure the flapper will help as they make you run the engine at 7000 rpm for testing.

This is a reason i didn't go for the Termis as they are not road legal in the UK and take too long to change back to standard if the plod give you a producer test or you want to go on my local track.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am sure it will be fine on a 105db day,i assume you are taking the bike in a van,if so just take the standard pipe.My 848 track bike with termies and db killers removed is louder than my diavel with the remus and i have been assured it will pass a noisy day.Out of intrest what track day have you booked as i have just booked a couple up for March and April.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sure it will be fine on a 105db day,i assume you are taking the bike in a van,if so just take the standard pipe.My 848 track bike with termies and db killers removed is louder than my diavel with the remus and i have been assured it will pass a noisy day.Out of intrest what track day have you booked as i have just booked a couple up for March and April.
I'm only doing a bike safe with Somerset police then a 15 minute track blast but they won't let me play if I don't pass the noise test.. Castle Coombe track.

Last year John McGuiness was testing there for the Isle of Man TT and he was getting to 165mph on the straight, the best I could do on the same stretch was 110 so does that make me 75% as good as him? lol

G

·
I left the db killers in the Remus as I start the bike early in the morning i don't want to piss the neighbours off any more than I have already.

The Remus is a slip on and only takes 10 mins to change back to the standard but I wanted to leave it on for the track if I can as its so much lighter than the standard. Not sure the flapper will help as they make you run the engine at 7000 rpm for testing.

This is a reason i didn't go for the Termis as they are not road legal in the UK and take too long to change back to standard if the plod give you a producer test or you want to go on my local track.
I doubt the remus with db killers fitted would be 1 or 2 db higher than std so you should be fine, i've heard the full termi system and it's way too loud for my taste.
I think the flapper will stay mostly closed with revving it in neutral if you're gentle with the throttle, it seems to open under load or fast throttle openings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts