Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out looking for a new rego tube for the bike, doing the righty I thought - dude at the shop tells me they are illegal, and now the bronze want us to use those poofter looking slabs of plastic, half the size of the Australian folded once. Unreal, whats next, compulsory haircuts? Banning black lids again? Number plates back on the front again? All bike riders to be chipped like mutts? I am all for coming down hard on the maggots that run drug businesses under the cover of a bike gang but you would think the bronze would have an idea of what's a fair thing and what is a farken load of shite.... whaddaya reckon, or am I over reacting?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
NSW followed WA in getting rid of rego stickers.

Previously the requirement was to "display" and it was then a matter of, is it properly displayed in a tube?
Personally I haven't had a sticker on a bike for almost 10 years and never had a problem.
But then I'm not a cop magnet.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am not putting a label on ..they look so shit and the cops know everything by running your plate which they have done by the time they pull you up ..I just say I lost it and I have requested a new one from qld transport

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not putting a label on ..they look so shit and the cops know everything by running your plate which they have done by the time they pull you up ..I just say I lost it and I have requested a new one from qld transport
Yep I think thats the point I am making - rego stickers are an anachronism, QLD cops are obviously too thick to follow the lead of WA & NSW... as you say they can get all they need to know by running the plate. Under the seat it goes!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
At least they got one thing right here in S.A. with rego stickers being abolished ! That alone was almost worth my vote, whats up with nsw lawmakers these days ? nothings changed hey , they all on the payroll

·
Registered
816 Posts
What happens if a NSW rego'd bike gets pulled over in QLD we have no label issued so he would have to run a plate check anyway. I wish they would bring labels back it's heaps easier to keep track of what is coming up for rego if you own multiple vehicles.

·
Drop Bear Slayer
8,437 Posts
There's a great (free) App you can get to help with that Stubbsy.
It's simply called NSW Rego.
You can quickly check if any vehicle you are going to drive/ride is currently registered, and you can get reminders for when rego is coming due too.

Edit: last time I checked it was only available for Apple devices, not Android.

·
Bullshit Artiste'
1,600 Posts
Ya can get a similar thing here in SA that lets you check it out, gives you an SMS reminder when it's due and allows online immediate payment with your fone and a credit card.

Apple or 'Droid...

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,%20travel%20and%20motoring/Transport%20smartphone%20apps

https://enotice.sa.gov.au/

Top idea.

I used to run around for years with just the broken off tab where the old number plate holders bolt on still fixed to my HD...

"honest mate, it was on there yesterday, i seen it when I was cleanin' the bike"

my bike was always spotless (lending credence to the story) and TBH I'm no cop magnet either....

A mate of mine used to love his big old ugly rego holder, fixing it to the plate itself with one bolt only which miraculously allowed just enough movement as to let it cover the last digit on the plate.

Incomplete number, no camera fines and worth the risk of an ACTUAL copper pulling ya with a fine for obscured plate.....so HE assured me.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Also, its not illegal to leave your old label on any more or you could make your own labels to remind you if needed

To be honest, the Qld government needs to make sure they have something to book you crazy bikies with... its not harrasment if they issue a ticket lol

G

·
they reckon we won't have to display rego labels come oct 1 2014, thankfully.

i've been booked once for failing to display the label, $60 fine, no points. i'll wear that, once in nearly 30 years means they can't be _that_ serious about it, although, campbell is writing cheques his govt. can't cash at the moment so any opportunity for revenue will surely be snapped up...

G

·
A mate of mine used to love his big old ugly rego holder, fixing it to the plate itself with one bolt only which miraculously allowed just enough movement as to let it cover the last digit on the plate.

Incomplete number, no camera fines and worth the risk of an ACTUAL copper pulling ya with a fine for obscured plate.....so HE assured me.
that won't work in QLD, the rego number is displayed in big enough letters/numbers that the cameras can read them instead of the plate they partially cover, there's been some complain that they got the ticket and a summons for obstruction, dunno how true the obstruction summons is but I've seen the fine with the photo of the label from a friend.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I wish they would bring labels back it's heaps easier to keep track of what is coming up for rego if you own multiple vehicles.
A mate of mine complained about the same thing... he has 4 registered bikes, 2 personally registered cars plus his work car. He works at NSW MTA and found some rego reminder labels at work that they sell to their member companies - http://publicshop.mtansw.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=176 (I couldn't see where you could buy them individually, this is a link to a pack of 50)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.