Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner

Rear Tyre Blowout

Tags
tyre
3K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  croaky 
#1 ·
Just had a blowout on the rear tyre, big lump of steel plate stuck in it. Went completly flat at about 50mph. With the fat rear rim it took a real effort to make the next corner I thought the rim would hit the road but it didn't. The tyres no good though. Anyone know the cheapest place to get a replacment tyre in the UK?

#3 ·
Glad to hear you are fine.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
also glad your ok

I've had two punchers, not blowouts, one on front and one on rear, and these tires are thin, once they are down to legal limit change them, they are so thin a stone can punchure them.
You'll feel the bike change handling, the front won't want to turn and the rear will feel spongy, pull over immediatley and check the tyres as soon as something feels strange.

I got 4,600km (2,850 miles) out of front (legal limit reached) and just under 5,000km (3,100 miles) from rear (not really legal but wanted to see how far I could go), these tires are thin lightweight sport tires, I suggest don't push them past legal limits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.