Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I taught myself how to do clutchless upshifts and downshifts when I broke my left hand and finally had the plaster changed to the removable support. I could ride for much longer without the support if I didn't use the clutch. Its a bit of a nack to learn how but you need to drop from good revs to change down. Of course, it is hard to keep the revs high when you are going downhill, needing to stop quickly etc etc but can do most changes now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@meb11481 & @ozzie21

My understanding of the healtech QS is that it is not designed to do clutchless downshifts at all (as in shifting to a lower ratio gear). The reason the strain gauge can detect and temporarily cut the ignition when the gear shift is either kicked up or down is to accommodate the option of a race gear shifting configuration which is usually 1 up and 5 down (I recall that this can be set up on the XD). Cutting the ignition when changing down a ratio has no effect anyway as the bike is decelerating and the wheel not the engine is loading up the transmission, cutting the engine will therefore have no effect. Perhaps more importantly changing down withought the clutch will likely damage the gearbox.

There are autoblippers on the market from Translogic and others that enable clutchless downshifting but I have no knowledge of their compatibility with the XD.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Don't know the mechanics of it but it works most of the time. Have been doing it for at least 15,000km now and all good. Try it and see. I doubt very much if mine is the only one that does it. Cut high revs, change, start high revs and all in less than a second.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts