Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was out today on a Monster 1200 fitted with a Quickshifter, up and down. Fabulous bit of kit, real game changer.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations regarding a Quickshifter that could be fitted to my 2017 X Diavel? I've heard of Translogic, and also Wealtech. Just wondered if anyone has one of these, or would recommend another brand, or advise against.
Thank you in anticipation of any replies.
Graham, Cambridgeshire UK.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Just curious about the performance advantages for a Quickshifter kit on Diavel?

Will it completely eliminate gear misses like mine does every now and then?

safe/calm

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a tank of fuel on the translogic and it works great in the factory default setting. Works just as well as it did on my 2017 Aprilia Tuono. Install wasn't too bad, getting wires through tight spaces is hardest part. I do miss the downshift like the Aprilia had but upshift is more useful than downshift for me. I would recommend if you like quick acceleration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please note the Translogic shifter WONT work with bikes that have mid-foot controls installed...learned it the hard way.

Any suggestions on QS that will fit my bike?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Please note the Translogic shifter WONT work with bikes that have mid-foot controls installed...learned it the hard way.

Any suggestions on QS that will fit my bike?
just fitted the Healtech to my XDS with mid controls - works fine and fitting is really straightforward - was advised direct by Translogic that their system will not fit because of the very short shiftrod - is a joy to ride - just a few twaeks to threshold sensitivity and it is perfect -

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/iqse/

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have a tank of fuel on the translogic and it works great in the factory default setting. Works just as well as it did on my 2017 Aprilia Tuono. Install wasn't too bad, getting wires through tight spaces is hardest part. I do miss the downshift like the Aprilia had but upshift is more useful than downshift for me. I would recommend if you like quick acceleration.
G'day.... are you using the Translogic on your XDS? I'm considering either the Heal Tech or Translogic quickshifter. A couple of guys have commented on here that the Translogic can't work on the XDiavel..... such as RuntonXD says that Translogic told him because of the XDS short shift rod their quickshifter won't work. Let me know....

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi there!
I was thinking of the healtech one and i was wondering where you have placed the module?
Also, does it come with specific xd install instructions as on their website, it's just got the diavel instructions.
Cheers for any help/info!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi GUys thanks for all the interest -

The translogic will not fit on an XD with center pegs simply because it has a much larger pressure sensor and the centre peg shift rod is only 70mm - so healtech is only option for mid pegs

Healtech only handles upshifts although I believe it can be made to work for downshifts on bikes if you fit it direct to the gearbox pinch bolt - I looked at thet fitment and no way was it going to fit with the belt guard

Module I have fitted into the rear of the belly pan as main connection from the injector loom is just the right length and it gets protected by the existing cable guards - installation is simply one plug into the loom and install the pressure transmitter - less that 45 minutes - made a few adjustments to get shift lever in the right position and removed the conical load washers to meet the required threshold pressure but it works brilliantly - absolutely seamless shifts at anything from 4- 9k - let me know if you need any pics

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi GUys thanks for all the interest -

The translogic will not fit on an XD with center pegs simply because it has a much larger pressure sensor and the centre peg shift rod is only 70mm - so healtech is only option for mid pegs

Healtech only handles upshifts although I believe it can be made to work for downshifts on bikes if you fit it direct to the gearbox pinch bolt - I looked at thet fitment and no way was it going to fit with the belt guard

Module I have fitted into the rear of the belly pan as main connection from the injector loom is just the right length and it gets protected by the existing cable guards - installation is simply one plug into the loom and install the pressure transmitter - less that 45 minutes - made a few adjustments to get shift lever in the right position and removed the conical load washers to meet the required threshold pressure but it works brilliantly - absolutely seamless shifts at anything from 4- 9k - let me know if you need any pics
More questions.....
I was considering using either the delight Footpeg Relocator Kit... https://japan.webike...s/22956055.html
Or the DucaBike PAP03D - BACKWARDS KIT REARSET ... http://ducabike.com/...ne-xdiavel.html
I think when guys are saying the Translogic Quickshifter will not work with the mid or center controls they mean the controls such as like Ducati sells that are much further back than the deLight or DucaBike kits. The deLight and DucaBike kits only move the controls back closer to the rider by 40-55cm and up 20-30cm. Any opinions or experience with this???
The DucaBike set looks to have a bit nicer finish but is quite a bit more expensive for basically the same end result.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Healtech quicksifter pics as requested - pressure sensor fitment - location of injector loom connector and module location - it is a fanatastic addition - upshifts pefectly all through the range

·
Registered
609 Posts
Healtech quicksifter pics as requested - pressure sensor fitment - location of injector loom connector and module location - it is a fanatastic addition - upshifts pefectly all through the range
Looks good.....From your pics it looks like you have the sensor mounted on the heim joint of the control rod (shifter shaft). From what I've read about the Healtech Quickshifter I think you can only upshift that way. And from videos I have seen in the past couple of days and from the Healtech website, if you mount the sensor on the gearbox shaft lever, you can both upshift and downshift using the Quickshifter. Have you tried it that way? Maybe it doesn't shift so well mounted there? Or possibly you don't care about downshifting using the Healtech? Check the Healtech website & I think you'll see that is possible. If you haven't tried it, it would probably only take a few minutes to move the sensor. I think in the app you can disable the downshift feature.
From a couple of YouTube videos I watched some guys say the Translogic Quickshifter works a bit smoother for the 1>2 shifts where you have to jump the neutral gap.
I believe the Healtech kit is a bit more compact than the Translogic kit also, which would be a plus feature, as long as the Healtech was reliable and did what it promises.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just fitted the Healtech to my XDS with mid controls - works fine and fitting is really straightforward - was advised direct by Translogic that their system will not fit because of the very short shiftrod - is a joy to ride - just a few twaeks to threshold sensitivity and it is perfect -

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/iqse/
Thank you, This Is really helpful, I’m going to give the uk distributor a call.í ½í¸Ž

1 - 20 of 28 Posts