Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I was at the my local Yamaha dealer doing the final negotiations for my XJR 1300.

Middle aged asian guy was there getting a run down of his new scooter... a white scooter thing about 300cc.

Sales guy showed all the things like brakes, starting it etcetera... I was listening intently in case I buy one!! As frigging if....

He jumped on to leave on it from showroom entrance and was wearing shorts, t-shirt, runners, no gloves and an open face helmet.

He started it and proceeded to leave... once out the door he veered to the left and clipped the concrete garden edge which gave the thing a big wobble and down he went on the left side on the concrete driveway....

Holy shit! Scrapes and concrete rash down left arm and leg... a gash in his calf and all jelly like from smack on the head.

Shop guys ran to him and got him up and checked him over.... they stood bike up then wheeled it back into shop and looked at it.

They took him to desk and started to fill out an insurance claim... thing hadn't gone 4 yards yet!!!

I walked past desk and said "That was lucky mate!" He said"Yeah!" I said "Lucky you had all the safety gear on?" He looked at me with vacant stare and I walked off....

Hope he's never near me in traffic!

71Rider(Anthony)

·
Sir Fred the Flatulent
10,145 Posts
Was on a bike benefit ride today.
At a Sunoco Station, a guy was waiting in a line to the pump , off his bike of which was on the side stand, when an older gentleman came cruising in on a scooter and ran in to the bike knocking it down.

Dangerous world out there....

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
A few months ago I was at the my local Yamaha dealer doing the final negotiations for my XJR 1300.

Middle aged asian guy was there getting a run down of his new scooter... a white scooter thing about 300cc.

Sales guy showed all the things like brakes, starting it etcetera... I was listening intently in case I buy one!! As frigging if....

He jumped on to leave on it from showroom entrance and was wearing shorts, t-shirt, runners, no gloves and an open face helmet.

He started it and proceeded to leave... once out the door he veered to the left and clipped the concrete garden edge which gave the thing a big wobble and down he went on the left side on the concrete driveway....

Holy shit! Scrapes and concrete rash down left arm and leg... a gash in his calf and all jelly like from smack on the head.

Shop guys ran to him and got him up and checked him over.... they stood bike up then wheeled it back into shop and looked at it.

They took him to desk and started to fill out an insurance claim... thing hadn't gone 4 yards yet!!!

I walked past desk and said "That was lucky mate!" He said"Yeah!" I said "Lucky you had all the safety gear on?" He looked at me with vacant stare and I walked off....

Hope he's never near me in traffic!

71Rider(Anthony)
Funny, but not so funny..
Few months ago I'm at the stealership for some reason can't remember...Immediately as I pulled up turned off my bike, I noticed a woman on her brand new Vespa, with her boyfriend and sales rep standing on either sides...Insisting she knew how to drive it, she took off out of balance...Once I saw the front wheel turn out of control I knew she was going down...Not very fast tho.... Brand new scooter and forearm scraped up a bit, but I bet her ego/embarrassment seemed to hurt the most....I actually felt sorry for her. Some folks have to learn the hard way, literally.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I don't know,"...why anybody would ride anything without safety equipment and that includes ..armor."
I see these things down the beach ...southern Delaware no equipment at all ... And it is legal ..
Oh man,".. I don't know why people ride them at all...it's hard enough just," be seen on a motorcycle ?

Anyway scooter crash Merrio style..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Bwahhaaaaaahaaaaaa, great stories guys. That Mario vid was hilarious.

I got one.

This summer I pull up into my usual biker bar on a Sunday. Nice day so a bunch of bikes out. As usual 98 percent Harleys. Two long rows of bikes so I park at the end of one of them.
I am getting off my bike and taking off my helmet when this very large woman pulls up on a brand new Ultra Classic. She stops just in front of my bike and drops it right on the ground!
It fell towards my bike and missed my front tire by inches. Bits of busted off chrome parts go flying, I and 3 other guys run over and pick it up off the ground. This is directly in front of the patio in full view of probably 50 bikers. She of course is totally embarrassed. She tells me as the bike was falling over she is thinking to herself "Don't hit the Ducati. Don't hit the Ducati"
I'm surprised that she even knew it was a Ducati in that short of time. Pretty strange her choice as noob rider is one of the heaviest bikes made. Thank fuck it didn't hit my bike.

·
Sir Fred the Flatulent
10,145 Posts
Back in '88 ,
I pulled up to a pump at a station and there was a very good looking older woman ( i was thirty) filling up at the pump in front of me.
As i got off my bike , i fell over neing pinned between the pump and my bike on top of me( forgot to deploy the kick stand! )
As i struggled to regain position and composure , i explained the dangers of motorcycling to the beautiful woman staring at me in bewilderment.

Moral of the story: good lookin' chicks are trouble...x

·
Registered
358 Posts
Back in '88 ,
I pulled up to a pump at a station and there was a very good looking older woman ( i was thirty) filling up at the pump in front of me.
As i got off my bike , i fell over neing pinned between the pump and my bike on top of me( forgot to deploy the kick stand! )
As i struggled to regain position and composure , i explained the dangers of motorcycling to the beautiful woman staring at me in bewilderment.

Moral of the story: good lookin' chicks are trouble...x
just thinking ...she probably,"making some poor guy miserable ? I was lucky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.