Ducati Diavel Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone purchased the premium seat. How does it look like? Is it better that comfort seat in terms of support?

There seems to be differences in the original photo of the premium seat released by Ducati (seat looked much nicer) and the ones being sold now on ebay (under Part No. 96880491A).

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
I did purchase the premium seat, but have not taken delivery of the bike yet. I am tall and sat on the stock seat, extra high seat, and premium seat at the dealer and thought the premium seat was a bit wider and more comfortable. I sat on it for about 20 mins while making the deal. I thought it was worth it for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did purchase the premium seat, but have not taken delivery of the bike yet. I am tall and sat on the stock seat, extra high seat, and premium seat at the dealer and thought the premium seat was a bit wider and more comfortable. I sat on it for about 20 mins while making the deal. I thought it was worth it for me.
Useful info! I have comfort seat which is already quite wide. Did it look like the second one from the pictures?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone purchased the premium seat. How does it look like? Is it better that comfort seat in terms of support?

There seems to be differences in the original photo of the premium seat released by Ducati (seat looked much nicer) and the ones being sold now on ebay (under Part No. 96880491A).
Yes I noticed that also. I'm pretty sure the one on the bike in the photo you posted is not available anywhere. I believe it is/was a Roland Sands seat. Some dealers use that photo in their ads for the premium seat but I don't know of anyone who actually has that seat. The single rider seat in your photo is the one that I almost bought. But I wanted to use the XDS passenger backrest also and Ducati doesn't make a passenger backrest pad in the same style. Right now I'm getting a custom seat set made by LuiMoto and they are doing the passenger backrest the same as the rider & passenger seat. It will not be the same as the seatcover they sell at their website, The whole set will cost around the same as the Ducati premium rider & passenger set but include the backrest. If Ducati would have had the backrest in the Premium style I would have just done it the easy way and got all from Ducati. If it turns out OK I'll post some photos here. They made me a custom seat set for my Turbo V-Rod and they have some nice looking seat covers at their website so I think it'll turn out OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I noticed that also. I'm pretty sure the one on the bike in the photo you posted is not available anywhere. I believe it is/was a Roland Sands seat. Some dealers use that photo in their ads for the premium seat but I don't know of anyone who actually has that seat. The single rider seat in your photo is the one that I almost bought. But I wanted to use the XDS passenger backrest also and Ducati doesn't make a passenger backrest pad in the same style. Right now I'm getting a custom seat set made by LuiMoto and they are doing the passenger backrest the same as the rider & passenger seat. It will not be the same as the seatcover they sell at their website, The whole set will cost around the same as the Ducati premium rider & passenger set but include the backrest. If Ducati would have had the backrest in the Premium style I would have just done it the easy way and got all from Ducati. If it turns out OK I'll post some photos here. They made me a custom seat set for my Turbo V-Rod and they have some nice looking seat covers at their website so I think it'll turn out OK.
Makes sense now. Roland Sands do not seem to sell it. Maybe it was an one-off thing.

Yes, please post how the custom set looks when done.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My Ducati seat looks like the EBay one.
Yes... the dealer put the Premium rider and passenger seats on my bike as seen in the attached pics of my bike with the Premium seat set. I liked the seat and would have bought the set but the backrest would not have matched and would have looked out of place. So that's why I getting LuiMoto to make me a complete set with backrest to match. I don't know why Ducati couldn't follow through on this. I'm probably not the only one they lost a sale to because of this.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2021 Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
1,642 Posts
If you have the option you can get custom made seats. I did it and got made RDS inspired seats, incl backrest.
This is perforated but allowed them to put waterproof foil underneath so that the foam rubber does not get wet.

Roland Sand has some cool things that are only found on their bikes. Too bad for us others who want it. So have to be a bit creative, even if it costs $$$

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow, that looks great!
If my premium seat doesn't work out I will gat a Russel Daylong seat. The sport seat in particular, it isn't beautiful but sure is a day long saddle.
I have one on my other bike at it is custom built for each individual.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, that looks great!
If my premium seat doesn't work out I will gat a Russel Daylong seat. The sport seat in particular, it isn't beautiful but sure is a day long saddle.
I have one on my other bike at it is custom built for each individual.
@toddhollander what was the verdict with the Premium seat, did you find an increase in comfort? Also did it come with the heatshield already applied?​
[/left]

·
Registered
435 Posts

@toddhollander what was the verdict with the Premium seat, did you find an increase in comfort? Also did it come with the heatshield already applied?
[/left]
Yes it was more comfortable, but only by a little. It did have the heat shield installed. It definitely looked the best!
When I sold the bike, I kept the Premium seat and I am going to put it up for sale in the "Parts and Accessories for sale" forum some time soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes it was more comfortable, but only by a little. It did have the heat shield installed. It definitely looked the best!
When I sold the bike, I kept the Premium seat and I am going to put it up for sale in the "Parts and Accessories for sale" forum some time soon.
Good to know. Do PM me if/when you decide to sell and would we willing to look at postage to Singapore. Thanks very much, Simon

·
Registered
42 Posts
My local dealer had a set a premium seats that have been sitting for a few years so I made them an offer and got both for $450! Immediately rode it 2 1/2 hours home and I have to say it’s probably 25% more comfortable than the stock seat and looks a whole lot better I ammo. I ride 18,000 miles a year so I have a pretty good sense of what stock feels like LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts